Chapter Three.

Chapter Three:

Jay:

As soon as the bell had rang for second period I rushed out the classroom as fast as I could. It scared me to know that Jhené—I mean Mrs. Aiko could have such an affect on me. Don’t get me wrong, I loved her personality as well as her looks, I mean damn, she was beyond gorgeous. But I couldn’t let the fact that she was an English teach slip my mind. Yes, I was turning eighteen in a few months but even then a relationship with her would never be accepted. Let alone the fact that I didn’t even know if she was into me. But in all honesty, that didn’t matter. If something ever did happen, she could lose her job if anyone found out. I groaned mentally and tried to shake those thoughts from my mind. There was no way in hell she would ever want to have any kind of relationship with me. Even then, she wouldn’t risk her losing her job, and her husband just to be with me.

                  “Jay. Jay!” I turned my head to see Cici and Trey staring at me with confused looks.

                  “Damn. My bad. I kinda got a lot on my mind.” Cici smiled understandingly and grabbed my arm, pulling me to the cafeteria.

                  “Talk to me later.” She whispered quietly into my ear and I nodded. I didn’t want to talk about it with Trey around. I mean I trusted him. But he was cursed with diarrhea of the mouth. That boy couldn’t hold water. We finally made it to the cafeteria and Cici left to go get lunch, along with Trey. I decided to stay back and chill at an empty table. I wasn’t really in the mood to eat, especially with Jhen—Mrs. Aiko on my mind.

                  “So.. Jay, what’s goin’ on with you and that little landscapin’ job?” Trey stuffed his mouth and I gave him a look of disgust.

                  “It’s goin’ good. My mom bought the truck..” I drifted off as a piece of lettuce from Trey’s mouth, land on the table in front of me. “That I can keep the equipment in.” I continued. “Ew, chew with your damn mouth closed.” He swallowed and mumbled a small ‘my bad’  before he continued to stuff his face. I smiled lightly and rolled my eyes.

                  “That’s good. I know you get all happy when you start talkin’ about working on some new jobs soon. You be cheesin’ and shit.” My smile widened and I nodded. She was right; ever since eighth grade I had been in love with landscaping and architecture. It was something about how everything came together that amazed me. When I was little I would take my dad’s hedge-clippers and run around the yard cutting everything in sight. Well, that was when he was around. My dad died two years ago, around the time of my 16th birthday. He was one of those people that you could always count on, someone who could either brighten your way with a few words or ruin it with one. Everyone loved him so the day he died, you could feel the sadness in the air. That was one of the reasons we moved; to start fresh, to get away.  It was hard to adjust at first, especially since my mom and I kind of fell apart after he died. But when we finally got over it, and realized that he was in a much better place, we were able to cope with everything. There were still a few days where we would morn silently. But overall, everything was slowly falling back into place.

                  “Yeah, matter of fact I got a job already scheduled. This couple is looking for someone to set up a small desk, and a flowerbed with some extra shit. They’re payin’ a lot, too.” She smiled and nodded at my excitement. It had been a long time since I had gotten to work on a project so as soon as the couple contacted me, I immediately agreed. But it wasn’t just about the money; I loved working because it relaxed me. It seemed as though I was in my own world. It gave me peace and serenity.

It wasn’t until a girl who I definitely did not know, came up to me and invited herself to take a seat on my lap. She was dressed in a short skirt that stopped just below her ass with a tank top that her boobs were practically popping out of. I rolled my eyes in annoyance as a group formed around the table and tried to talk to me. I didn’t feel like being bothered and it seemed like all the people that were by us were just the same people that just focused on the next big stunt to gave popularity. That shit was pointless to me and honestly it was annoying. I didn’t need to focus on some idiots to ‘like’ me. I was focused on my future and the next big step that I needed to make to make sure that I was well off. I brushed off the crowd and finally got them to leave, along with the slutty bitch that was posted up on my lap while my mind slowly drifted back to Mrs. Aiko and that beautiful body.

----

My thoughts ceased as the bell signaling the end of lunch rang. I got up and said my ‘byes’. I slipped out of the cafeteria unnoticed and made my way back to 310. Unfortunately for me, since my schedule wasn’t fixed, I had Mrs. Aiko twice, which meant I actually had to sit in a classroom full of students’ with her and try to focus on the lesson.

I finally made my way to the classroom to see that I was, once again the first one there. But this time, Jhen—Mrs. Aiko was sitting behind her desk shuffling through papers. Her eyes shifted up to me as she heard the creek of the door opening but her face didn’t change from the blank expression.

                  “Hello. Have a seat anywhere.” My eyebrows scrunched together in confusion but I kindly obeyed her orders. I picked a seat in the back corner, farthest away from the board as her eyes followed my every move and bore into my back. I sat down and shifted uncomfortably under her gaze, just as I had done earlier in the day. She tore her eyes away from me and continued to look through the papers without another word. I bit my lip and looked down feeling rejected. I knew I shouldn’t had felt that way just over a ‘hello’. But I couldn’t help but feel that she was acting cold towards me. I mean just this morning we were joking around and exchanging small glances but know she wouldn’t even look at me.

                  “Jhené...”

                  “Mrs. Aiko.” She corrected immediately, not taking her eyes away from what she was doing. I sat back in my seat and stared out the window. Her deep, cold tone was enough for me to know that I didn’t need to ask her anything. It was obvious that she realized what had happened earlier that day, the same way I did. She knew what happened was wrong, so why should I push her in anyway? Matter of fact, I’ll play her game. Only I could play it way better.

The class slowly filled with tired looking students’ and Mrs. Aiko began her lesson on some shit I really wasn’t interested in. I just couldn’t get my mind off the way she was acting towards me. Throughout the whole lesson her eyes would drift across the room, making eye contact with everyone in the classroom, except me. It pissed me off to know that she was acting so immature when we had only talked for an hour. It was harmless flirting, and regardless of how she felt about the situation, I didn’t deserve to be treated the way she was treating me. It frustrated the hell out of me that I was getting so worked up over her but I couldn’t help it. I needed to talk to her, and I was determined to do so.

Alright, I hope you're enjoying the story so far . Please remember to vote and comment, telling me what you think . I'm gonna try to update everyday but I have exams so maybe every two days . Thank you for all the support . And please go follow LatoyaLove . She's helped me a lot , with getting my stories out there . Until next time ; To be continued ...