Chapter Twelve.

Jhené:

The warmth of her arms around me made a light smile form onto my face. The thoughts of yesterday quickly rushed back to me, and I frowned. Finally, I was happy. But of course, someone had to ruin it. I could never just be happy, and content with something good in my life; someone always had to rain on my parade. I slowly slide from the arms of the sleeping beauty behind me, trying with all my might not to wake her. My head ached from the tears that had slipped down my face once Jay had fallen asleep. I didn't want her to stay awake trying to comfort me while I had fallen vulnerable to the thought of someone finding out about us. It killed me inside to know that I could never take her into the public's eye without someone threatening me. And it wasn't just for the sake of my job, I could easily get another; but it was the fact that I could go to jail, I could lose her forever if anyone else knew about us. And unfortunately, someone did.

I sighed at the thoughts that just would not leave me as I walked down the stairs to the kitchen. The coldness of the floor prickled at my feet, and I suddenly realized how much I needed her touch. The touch that drove me insane, the touch that constantly made me weak in the knees. The touch that kept me warm, the touch that always seemed to make me feel safe. I fished a couple of pans from underneath the cabinet, and began to cook breakfast. I didn't exactly know what she liked so I decided to just settle on pancakes, eggs, and bacon.

I had just finished making the pancakes, and the eggs when I heard shuffling upstairs. I smiled knowing that my prince had finally awakened as she made her way downstairs. I watched as she made her way to the bottom and stretched, her muscles showing in the process. I bit my lip in excitement and turned around, starting the bacon. As I added another piece, I felt strong arms wrap around my frail body. I relaxed against her touch, when her lips met my skin. I sucked in a deep breath as her lips slowly made their way from my shoulder to my jawline, and finally, my lips. We kissed for a while, the scent of bacon relevant in the air. We soon pulled away and gasped a little for breath. She turned me around and picked me up, setting me on the counter. She pecked my lips once more and turned towards the cooking bacon.

"I'll finish this, baby." I shook my head in protest as I hopped down from the counter.

"No, no, no. I'm making YOU breakfast." She smiled lightly as I pushed her from the stove and agreed when I asked her to set the table. She took the plate stacked with pancakes and the plate filled with eggs over to the table and set them down before coming back and grabbing silverware, along with plates for us. I finished the bacon and made my way over to her. I sat the bacon on the table and took as seat. She smirked and watched me.

"Oh, so you don't want to sit by me?" She chuckled at my confused look, and slowly began to slide her chair closer to mine. She grabbed my hand and kisses it tenderly. "Thank you for breakfast, love. It smells delicious." I blushed and nodded shyly.

"I-It was no problem." I mumbled quietly. It was surreal how I was older than her but she could make me feel so young. I constantly felt like a little schoolgirl, the way she continuously had me blushing and stuttering. Her beautiful smile caught attention and I returned it.

"Let's eat." I giggled as she began stuffing her mouth. A moan echoed throughout the kitchen and I quickly turned to her. Her eyes were closed, her jaw moving slowly with a look of pure pleasure.

"Foodgasm?" She swallowed and chuckled before nodding excitedly.

"It's delicious, Jhené." I grinned and thanked her before we continued to eat in silence. It wasn't one of those awkward silences but a comfortable one. Which allowed me time to think. Drew had never complimented my cooking, let alone finished his whole plate. In fact, Drew had almost never complimented me on anything. And when he did compliment me, it was on how good the sex was; never something that actually meant a lot to me. And that was one of the things I love about Jay. She was always complimenting me. And I don't mean that in an egotistic way, because it honestly, really did mean a lot to me. It made me feel a little less worthless; which is how I always felt around Drew. I felt tears come to my eyes realizing that he just wasn't the person I was supposed to be with. It was never him. I forced myself to love him because I always put my mother's happiness over my own.