Chapter 7

*WARNING: VERY CLICHE!*

"Wake up!"

I groaned, rolling over to my side. "Five... more... minutes..."

"Allison!"

"Mom... I won't be late for school, I promise..."

He sighed. "I'm not your mom. Wake up."

My eyes shot open as the memories flooded back into my brain. I sat up and saw him.

"How long was I out?" I asked.

"Not long. 15 minutes tops."

I rubbed my eyes and sighed. "Where is he?"

Robin shrugged. "He got away."

I gasped. "Wait, what do you mean? He got away?"

Robin nodded. "I fought him off, but before I could capture him, he was out of there."

"Well, where's Batman?" I questioned.

Robin looked away and shook his head. "I don't know."

We stayed silent for another moment.

"Do you think the Joker's going to find him?" I asked finally.

"I wouldn't worry about it." Robin said, not looking me in the eyes. "He's fought him off before, and he can do it again."

"Can't you use the Batphone?"

Robin stood up and started pacing the floor. I quickly realized something was wrong and stood up, forcing Robin to look at me.

"He took it." Robin said quietly. "He took the Batphone. He knows where Batman is."

I sighed. Somehow, I'd known.

"We have to rescue him." Robin said. "I mean, I have to rescue him."

"Okay. I'll come with you."

"We've been through this."

"Robin."

"Allison, you have to get home."

I gasped. "Oh God! You're right! Did I miss my flight?"

"Not exactly..." Robin said uncertainly. "But, um, it leaves in half an hour..."

"Shit! There's no way I'll make it to the airport in time!" I gasped and burst into tears.

"It's okay..."

"No! Stop trying to comfort me! I don't need it, Robin!" I sobbed, putting my face in my hands. "And I can't leave Batman in the hands of the Joker!"

"The fight will never end, Allison." Robin said, lifting my chin up to look him in the eyes. "We need to worry about getting you home."

"I can't just run away from my problems!"

"We don't have time to discuss this, Allison." Robin sighed. "Come on. Get in the Batmobile and we'll go to the airport."

"But..."

"If you don't want to go, we can turn around. But when you're on the fence like this, we have to go now if you have any chance of making it!" Robin told me quickly. "Hurry!"

"Okay, fine!" I cried. I ran after Robin as he jumped into the Batmobile. I grabbed the passenger seat as he started the car.

"I'm not sure if I want to do this." I said as Robin drove across the roads. I gasped. "Wait, you grabbed the plane ticket, right?"

"Yeah, I've got it." Robin replied. "Allison, listen... I..."

"How will I contact you when I'm gone?" I asked.