Chapter 5

A/N: I just realized how freaking cliche this story has gotten! It'll get better, I promise! Thanks for reading!

Arkham Asylum. I'd heard a lot about that place.

But if I had to go there to save Robin, I would.

"Why do you care so much?" Batman had asked earlier.

"I wouldn't be here if it weren't for him." I'd responded.

Now, I looked up at the building, took a deep breath, and walked inside. I took the knife out of my pocket and proceeded with caution, as they all say to do.

I never thought I would step foot inside an insane asylum, let alone Arkham Asylum. This place was dangerous, and I knew it. Batman had told me not to come, but I had to. I needed to save Robin.

I looked down at the Batphone. It said that Batman was in a room off to the right down a hallway. It scared me. I had no idea what was going on. I had to know.

I looked up from the Batphone and started walking down the hallway. It was dark and creepy, and I could imagine what kind of people were here. A million Jokers, all in one building? I wouldn't be here for any other reason.

As I approached the room, I looked back down at my Batphone to make sure I was going the right way. When I looked up, a clown whacked the Batphone with her baseball bat, smashing it into pieces. It took me a second to remember her name: Harley.

She laughed evilly and tried to whack me with the bat, but I jumped out of the way. She glared at me and tried again, but I backed up. Suddenly, I heard a scream from the room. I gasped but didn't let my guard down. When Harley tried to hit me with her bat again, I grabbed it with my hands and used all my strength to snatch it out of her hands.

"PUDDIN!" Harley screamed before I whacked her on the head with the baseball bat. She fell to the floor, and I stood there with the bat in my hand, breathing hard and looking at what I'd just done. I only stood there for a moment before running into the room with little fear.

When I got into the room, Robin was tied up on a different kind of table. Batman was punching the Joker in the face, but the Joker wasn't too affected by it.

"BATMAN!" I yelled, throwing him the baseball bat. He caught it and whacked the Joker on the head, knocking him out. I quickly reached into the Joker's pocket and found the keys to the handcuffs that were restraining Robin. Without hesitating, I uncuffed him and helped him stand up. He was totally out of it.

"What happened?" Robin asked in a slurred voice.

"I... I don't know, I just got here."

"You aren't supposed to be here." Batman said, glaring at me. "Harley heard you in the hallway. You could've died."

"You could at least thank me for helping you." I said, crossing my arms.

"I had it under control." Batman replied. "From now on, you listen to me."

"Guys..." I said, sighing at looking at them. "I can't stay. I have to get home."

"If you really want to help, Allison, help Robin tie up the Joker." Batman said. "I'll keep an eye on Harley Quinn."

"But..."

"We'll talk about it later." Batman said, walking out of the room.

Robin stared at me. I stared back at him.

"What are we tying him up with?" I asked without breaking our eye contact.

"The handcuffs." Robin responded as he looked deep into my eyes. I stared into his eyes, then quickly looked away after a couple seconds.