Chapter 6

"Alex?" I whispered in disbelief when I found him wrapped around another man. His head shot up and he just stared at me. Neither of us spoke.

Another head of messy brown hair poked out from under the covers and looked at me in confusion. "Um, hi," he said awkwardly.

I pinched my arm lightly, hoping it was all a dream, but nothing happened. "Oh," I mumbled before turning on my heel and leaving. Neither of them chased after me.

Alex was cheating on me with a much better man. It was a slap in the face, but I wasn't too surprised. He was too good to be true right from the start.

I drove to Lindsay's apartment instead of my own and knocked on her door, covered in tears. "Scott, what's wrong?" She gasped, welcoming me in.

She was wearing nothing more than a robe and I knew she must've been busy. "Alex is cheating on me," I mumbled, covering my face with my hands as she urged me to sit on her couch. "He asked me for dinner!" I continued, feeling overcome with emotions.

"God, I hate that man. Nobody hurts my best friend and gets away with it! I'll-!" Lindsay made me a coffee, which I accepted gratefully.

"I didn't want to go home," I whispered after a minute. "I should've called first."

Lindsay shook her head. "No, you're perfectly fine. I'm glad you stopped by actually. I've been wondering about you all day."

Whatever she meant by that, I would probably never know. My hands were shaking so bad that I spilled my coffee all over myself and the couch. Lindsay reassured me that it was fine and insisted I stay overnight.

"I don't want to be a bother," I whined as she grabbed an extra blanket and pillow from her closet. "Scott, you know I don't mind. What kind of friend would I be if I let you suffer alone?"

A terrible one, I thought. But I didn't say it. "Sleep now and we can eat the whole tub of icecream and watch movies when you
wake up, okay?"

"Okay."