Traits 29

The restaurant, while absolutely beautiful, was noisy and hot.

Mitch was wishing he had picked a better place to take Scott for lunch.

"I'm really sorry about this," he frowned, looking up at Scott through his chunky sunglasses.

Scott shook his head, fiddling with the corner of his menu. "It's okay, really. This isn't terrible."

Mitch huffed and set down his own menu. "Yeah, but it sucks for our first date."

Blue eyes met brown in surprise.

"Date?" Scott squeaked, voice suddenly two octaves higher.

"Um." Mitch coughed. "I, uh, guess I should've asked properly. I don't even know if-"

"Yes."

Mitch blinked, pushing his sunglasses onto his head so that he could see Scott better.

"You don't even know what I was gonna say!" He protested weakly.

Scott was blushing.

"Well say it then. Ask me."

Mitch coughed again, feeling heat spread over his cheeks.

"Will you go on a date with me Scott?"

"Yes, a hundred percent."

The click of a camera sounded nearby and both boys looked over at it.

"I'm so sorry," the lady said, glancing between them. "That was a cute moment and I just thought you might like something to remember it by."

She held out a Polaroid photo to them and walked away quickly.

Scott laughed, putting the picture in between them.

"That is cute," he smiled, gazing at their blushing faces.

He reached his hand across the table and Mitch took it happily. "Yeah, you are."