Day 13

"I'm tired. Why are we doing this again?"

Scott rubbed his eyes with a sweater-covered fist.

"You'll love it Scotty, I promise!"

"Ugh, I just wanna sleep."

Mitch chuckled.

"I know honey, but I want you to see this."

He took Scott's hand and led him through the park, a large bag dangling off his other arm.

It was still dark outside and the view of the stars from the park was amazing.

Despite his tiredness, Scott was in awe of the sky and its beauty.

"Come over here Scotty," Mitch smiled, voice soft.

He layed down with Mitch on a large blanket that had been pulled out of the bag and cuddled close to the writer as they stared up at the sky.

"I never thought this would happen," Mitch said, breaking the silence after what felt like hours.

"Thought what would happen?" Scott asked, turning his head slightly to see the outline of Mitch's face in the darkness.

Mitch sighed. "That I'd be happy. Really, truly happy."

Scott frowned but Mitch giggled.

"No no, don't be sad about it. This is a good thing! I've finally found things that make me happy."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah. After yesterday I can add Kirstie to the list too. Writing, looking at the sky, you."

"I make you happy?"

Mitch was blushing but it was too dark for Scott to notice.

"You make me more happy than anything else."