Of Cafes and Men

Eve's POV: 

As we've agreed, Ari and I met for a lunch out. We're now seated at a cafe, we've already ordered our food. There were only a few people in the cafe, we sat at a corner where there are no loud and noisy people.

"Thank you for the treat, Eve." Ari smiled at me as she took a sip of her iced tea.

"No, thank you for your time, I mean it's the least thing I can do, after agreeing to take me as your patient. Besides, you're doing this for me pro bono." I smiled back at her

"Eve, you don't really have to thank me for this, it's D's request for me. You need to thank her, not me. I'm only helping her out." she smiled at me.

"I will sometime soon." I answered.

"We're a little bit busy these days, because apart from her personal favor, she has another personal favor that she tasked our college friend to do." Ari said

"Yeah? What's her other favor?" I asked

"Well, she enlisted our help, she'll be proposing to Kate on Friday." Ari smiled

"I see. That's good for her." I said before taking a sip from my wine glass.

I was surprisingly okay about her proposing to Kate. I guess, there was already acceptance on my part.

"Yeah finally, after 10 long years of waiting. The ship has finally sailed." Ari chuckled.

"Can't believe it either, it's already 10 years?" I said 

"Yeah. So how's Shane doing?" Ari asked me

"She's doing a little bit better these days, she recognizes me now, ever since she was allowed to paint and express herself on her free time." I answered Ari.

"That's Good Eve, now we need to talk about your next confession. Will that be fine with you?" 

"Sure, I can start telling you about it." 

"Alright, let's start with how you met him, we'll go on the details later after lunch." Ari smiled at me and I only nodded.

*****Flashback*****

A few months after I've killed Drew, I got into the habit of hanging out at the cafe where D and I used to hang out frequently back in college. I guess, I was trying to stay high of our memories, if that's even possible. I met him here, his name is Jason Mendoza. He was charming, sweet and too friendly. He isn't that attractive, at least for me. I was sitting outside the cafe, reading poetry pieces from Destiny, on my phone while sipping on my Frappe. I opted for one, since the sun was shining brightly and I'm profusely sweating, despite wearing a thin tank top. It was hot and humid during that day when I met him. Probably the worst summer in the history. I was holding the cup of Frappe against my neck, using it as an ice pack to cool me down. 

He approached my table and started to introduce himself.

"Hi, My name is Jason Mendoza. I noticed you're alone. Can I join you?" He politely asked. 

I looked up at him and he flashed me his charming smile. 

"Yeah, you may." I answered.

The days and weeks went by and Jason and I became coffee buddies, so to speak. We met at the cafe, every afternoon if my schedule permits. After a couple of weeks or so, we became close friends. He was one of my almosts. But just like the other men, I've met he has a secret that he didn't want to tell me about. His only mistake was, leaving his phone on the table we shared one afternoon, his phone rang, curiosity got the best of me, I looked at the screen as it kept on vibrating. The caller's name was 'Wifey'.