All of Me

It is our wedding day today. We woke up early, everyone was busy. They have been going back and forth, Ironing out little details here and there. The wedding coordinator was making sure we were keeping up to the schedule. I sat at the foot of my bed, calming my nerves down.

I am dressed in the tuxedo I picked out, Navy Blue Tuxedo, white dress shirt, navy blue tie, navy blue pants and navy blue italian leather shoes. Brian knocked at the door.

"Come in." I answered.

He comes in and I stood up to give him a tight hug. He hugged me back.

"Hey man, nervous about this whole thing?" he asked me

I smiled faintly at him.

"No, Man. I'm more anxious to just get it done and over with." I laughed

He chuckles softly

"We'll get there in no time." He smiles lopsidedly.

"Yeah we will."

"Listen, bro. I am very proud of you and happy that you're finally marrying Kate." He smiled at me

He straightens me as we posed for the camera. It's now time to exchange our wedding gifts, a knock was heard from outside my door, Brian goes to the door to open it and usher in, Rachel to hand me Kate's gift.

"Hey, D. This is from Kate." she smiles as the camera man takes a video of me opening the gift. I took the note first and read it out loud for the camera.

"Babe, Here is my gift for you as a token of my gratitude to you and your patience with me. I hope it reminds you of how much I love you and how much I love to see you smile. I can't wait to marry you. See you in a wee bit baby!" I read it while chuckling.

I opened the gift and saw that she also had a book she made for me. A photo book with little quotes of all the poetry I wrote her, the lines she liked. I briefly checked the book and smiled. 

After that, Rachel hugged me and said.

"This is it, D. You're getting married in a wee bit." She smiled and kissed me on the cheek.

"Yeah. You have to go and make sure Kate comes to the wedding." I laughed.

"Hey, I will make sure she gets to the altar on time." She laughed back at me before she takes Brian who has the book and the camera men with her. 

I shook my head and continued to sit and look out the window. It is starting to get cold here in Italy. I looked out the Garden which had leaves falling from it. I sighed at the sight. I heard another knock. 

"Come in." I said.

"Hi, darling." Mom greeted me and hugged me. 

"Hey, mom." I smiled back at her.

"Are you nervous?" She asked me and I just shook my head no.

"Nope, anxious to see Kate though and hear her say I do." I admitted

"We're almost there." Mom said and smiled.

"Ugh! Mom, how does she look?" I asked her. 

"She looks lovely as always." Mom smiled.

"Mom! I need details." I said to her. 

"No, no details. You'll see her later anyway." She smiles at me and then leaves the room. 

My dad entered the room next and he smiled at me briefly.

"Hey, darling. You're looking dapper." He smiled at me.