only

November 19, 2017 - EARLY AFTERNOON OF AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS

Jimin's POV

The cameraman moved towards Jimin as he stood, spaced out, looking at the huge arena before him.

Jimin faced the camera and said, "The feeling is similar to when we do award stages in Korea, but the celebrities who are sitting in the front are different." He shyly laughed while finishing off with, "It's kind of like watching a movie."

As if on cue, Taehyung shouted for him, "Jimin-ssi! Another practice!"

Jimin smiled and waved at the camera and then left to join Taehyung and the rest for another round.

-

"Even though the camera is shooting there, you should face this way." The producer gestured to the left side of the camera.

Jimin looked slightly clueless, "I thought that our faces shouldn't be captured so I kept..."

The producer interrupted, "No, no, don't be concerned about that, just focus on what I just said."

"Ah, okay." Jimin swayed uncomfortably from the left to the right.

It was getting pretty intense as Hoseok went through the choreography with them once more.

"Uyeoni an...like that," Hoseok moved both his arms inward and then sang again with the movement, "Uyeoni aninikka." He looked at Namjoon and continued on while added his sound effect, "dururururu."

-

THE AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS BTS PERFORMANCE

Emi's POV

I could see the Chainsmokers coming up on stage about to announce something.

"I'm a little bit nervous to announce this next performance...uh..." Andrew was saying something, but you could hear the crowd suddenly start to cheer really loudly. He laughed and continued on, "To call these guys international superstars, honestly feels like an understatement."

He made a quick glance to Alex. "Making their U.S TV debut, make some noise for......BTS!"

I could feel myself smiling a little bit when I saw Ansel in front of me grinning widely with his iPhone camera on.

Then I heard it. DNA...and the fan chant. I quickly chuckle remembering Namjoon teaching it to me.

"KIM NAMJOON! KIM SEOKJIN! MIN YOONGI! JUNG HOSEOK! PARK JIMIN! KIM TAEHYUNG! JEON JUNGKOOK! BTS!" The crowd loudly cheered while the instrumental introduction was playing.

I missed this, so much. I remember the last concert before they left, where they showcased what they had learnt.

I remember how proud I felt.

I'm so nostalgic.

---

THE AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS GREATEST SHOWMAN BACKSTAGE

Pressure. Pressure. Pressure. Pressure. Pressure. Pressure. Pressure. Pressure. Pressure.

"Emi!" Zac and Zendaya were panicking. "Let's go through this one more time"

After going through it one more time, Hugh came up to me. "Emi, you sure you can do this stunt live?"

"Yes."

---

THE AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS GREATEST SHOWMAN PERFORMANCE

Everything was black. No light. Nothing.

Until the music turned on.

And the spotlight was on Hugh. Hugh Jackman.

I was staged in the audience since I had to do my thing in the front later. Hopefully, BTS wasn't sitting anywhere near me.

The performance went on, everything was fine. Everything was fine. Everything was fine.

But then I saw him again when I went to the front to perform my stunt. And he was staring at me. In awe? In shock? What do you call that look?

I ignored him and grabbed onto the rope. I pulled onto it with strength and held Zac who held Zendaya's hand. Then the rope pulled me up, pulling the rest of them up. I let got of Zac's hand who immediately swung like a monkey onto the next rope beside me. He was still holding Zendaya. It was near the end of the song. All I had to do was perform the last stunt.

Last stunt.

My hands, sweaty and nervous from the anticipation. I realized that if I failed, I would go splat.

I can't. Not with him watching. Not with Jimin watching.

So I did it. And I made it.

I made a headfirst dive from the top of the rope to the bottom of the rope. Flipped around it caught Zendaya and Zac, double flipped in the air and landed on my feet.

The crowd was nuts.

I smiled brightly and I felt proud. I did it.

My eyes met Jimin's. And I gave him the most real smile I've ever given him today. He returned it, with smiling eyes.

I smiled at the audience as they applauded Zac, Zendaya, Hugh and the rest of the cast. And I laughed when I heard Taehyung shout, "Emi! Emiiiiii!"

I turned and gave him a thumbs up. Soon, it was time to leave. So fast.

Time just flew by.

If only I could replay this moment over and over again.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

hey guys! March 2, how do you feel? HOPE WORLD IS OUTTT!!! AND IT IS HELLA LITTT. SUCH A LITUATION. in case you guys didn't know, J-hope is my bias xP. Thanks for giving this story so much support! xD comment below if you liked it or if you want something from the story :).

~ thebluefalcon 💋xoxo