...intoxicated

Emi's POV

It's around ten in the morning. Emma and Zendaya are in the bathroom, busy washing their face and putting on makeup, while I was outside, all set and ready to go. It's been thirty minutes since both of them started using the toilet and they had not come out yet. I was a girl, and yet I even wonder how girls could take such a long time getting ready. It took me ten minutes. Maybe because I don't even put on makeup?

I look out the window as I figured out what to write in today's morning journal. I smile as I saw the orange, crumpled up leaves break off from the tall, sunlit tree and fall down only to land on the muddy ground.

But soon, my smile faded away as I suddenly remember Jimin. How he widely smiled at me and how I widely smiled back. It was the first genuine smile I have ever given to him in a long time. And it was the first genuine smile he had ever given to me in a long time.

I vigorously shake my head to get that thought out. Then, I cross my legs as I sit down on the comfy sofa and pick up my journal to write in.

JOURNAL ENTRY #908

*tears fall
like leaves
it's small
but breathes

breathes life
unto the ground
and makes bright
and crackling sounds

"Emi!" I sharply look up to see Emma calling me.

"Yes?"

Zendaya was waiting at the door, "Are you ready?"

"Well, obviously. I've been waiting for..." my voice trailed off as I look to see the time. It was 10:15. I turn to face both of them again, "Only forty-five minutes!"

Emma threw me an unamused look and laughed, "Yea, yea, enough with sarcasm. Let's get going!"

I grab my things and put the journal back in my room.

I wonder how today is going to be?

--------------------------

ring. ring. ring.

"Hello?"

A familiar male voice answered back, "Ah, Emi ah, where are you?"

"Is this Jackson?" I ask.

"哇, 真是. (Wa, really.) Do you not know me?" I could hear his offended tone as he replied.

Laughing, I continue on, "Whatever, we're already inside, seated at the back corner."

"Wait wha-" I quickly hung up on him and told Zendaya and Emma that they were coming.

The three of us sat down in the Dim Sum Restaurant as we wait for Jackson and GOT7 to arrive. After a few seconds, I could easily hear the loud voice of Jackson talking to his friends while trying to find you.

"Hey, your sister is--"

I'm going to guess the voice belongs to Bam Bam.

"Shut up, she's not my sister."

That was obviously Jackson. He gets sensitive easily.

"Awh, triggered much?" Bam Bam playfully poked him.

"Shut up..." Jackson whispered, not so softly as he made quick eye contact with me.

I chuckle softly as I pat down on the seat next to me. "Jackson ah, just sit down already. You're hogging up space."

Jackson quickly took his seat next to me and began ordering. Since both of us knew Chinese, it was easier for us to order.

----------------