one day

December 20, 2016 - Hong Kong

Emi's POV

Creak. Scratch. The table suddenly jerked a bit.

I look up from my phone to see my best friend about to take my food.

My. Food.

With a feeling of frustration and annoyance, I sighed, "Aish, Jackson, get your hands off of my food."

"Why? Just ONE piece of waffle fries?" He looked at me with puppy dog eyes. I won't call them puppy dog eyes, more like wannabe anime eyes, or aegyo.

I shook my head slightly and let him take that one fry before looking down at my phone again. I'm such a screenager.

Jackson Wang. He was my fellow Hong Kong roommate before I left to act in the Harry Potter franchise and live in the UK with Emma Watson. I've known him for as long as I could remember. Since we were little shrimps of three and four? His parents were best friends with my parents, so they would often hang out. When they did hang out, they would bring Jackson over to my place and we would just randomly play around. We grew closer and when we were old enough, my parents moved in with his, while he moved in with me. I was able to confide in him and I told him things that I didn't tell anyone else, not even my own parents. We both knew each other's darkest secrets. But, ever since he became a k-pop star, debuting along with GOT7 and I started acting, we didn't meet as much as before.

This however, was of the rare occasions. I was surprised when I received a call from Jackson two days ago, saying that he was in town and that he wanted to meet me. Well, now he was sitting in front of me, staring hard at me while munching on my fries.

I decided to ask him something that has been on my mind for a while now. It's been two years since the last time I talked to Jimin. I sigh as I scroll through my previous texts with Jimin.

      AUGUST 2014

          Emi: hey

          Jimin: hey

     OCTOBER 2014

          Emi: so how's life?

          Jimin: good. you?

          Emi: same xD

          Jimin: anyways...gtg ttyl 👋🏼

          Emi: sure :)

     DECEMBER 2014

          Emi: hey

     MARCH 2015

         Emi: you okay?

     APRIL 2016

         Emi: you know you can tell me anything, right?

No response for two years. It's 2016 now.

He never replied to any of it, and I just couldn't get used to it. I missed that cute kid.

I slowly glanced at the older boy before me, "Hey, Jackson, what do you do if someone doesn't reply to any of your texts?"

He tilted his head to one side as he grabbed another one of my fries, "What do you mean? Someone isn't replying to you?"

"Yeah, he --"

"He? A boy? Is he your crush?" For a moment, I thought I saw a glint of jealousy in his eyes.

I shook my head, "Well--"

I was interrupted by loud laughter.

"Oh my gosh! My little cutie, chubby-pie has a crush? Shooketh much?" He was chuckling now.

For a moment I thought he had grown more mature over the past few years as a k-pop idol, but, as I can clearly see, he hasn't. I sighed and shrugged it off.

"Whatever, it doesn't matter, it's fine."

There was no talking for a few minutes until Jackson spoke up.

"Ya, Emi."

Looking up, I could see a firm face. "What?"

"If someone doesn't reply to you, then don't talk to them."
——————

Jackson's POV

"Whatever, it doesn't matter, it's fine."

She looked stressed out. I wonder what's going on. Is this boy hurting her? Does she like him? I hope she doesn't. The main reason why I wanted to talk to her again was so that I could tell her my feelings. Emi, why do you do this to me? sigh.

"Ya, Emi."

She looked up at me in surprise. "What?"

What I said next shocked her and even me.

"If someone doesn't reply to you, then don't talk to them."

-------------------------

Aaaaand another chapter out. I'm so sorry, I'm writing so little. Hope you guys like it? xD tell me what you think about this story, please. I need feedback. :) Anyways, thanks for reading this xP

Next Update: tomorrow

thebluefalcon 💋 xoxo