one

November 28, 2022

Third Person's POV

beep beep. beep beep. beep beep. beep beep.

"Emi!"

Emi opened her eyes slightly in annoyance and groaned, "What?"

"Is that how you talk to the person about to help you get ready for today?" Zendaya gave a stern and intimidating look at Emi as she raised her eyebrows. "Hmm?"

As if someone had electrocuted her, Emi quickly sat upright and remembered, "Oh, right! Today! Shoot, shoot, shoot, shoot! Zen, what time is it?"

"Six thirty in the morning. You insisted that you didn't need that much time getting ready. So, we gave you thirty more minutes of your precious sleep." Zendaya said, emphasizing precious.

"Oh yeah," Emi recalled the conversation they both had last night with Emma.

Zendaya patted her on the shoulder, "Come on, let's do this."

As they walked to the bathroom, Zendaya was ranting about how beautiful she thought Emi's dress was.

"Your choice was perfect, better than what I would've thought. I had very low expectations for you, not going to lie." Zendaya straightforwardly told the girl next to her.

Emi mumbled as she finished washing her face and brushing her teeth, "Should I be feeling good about that?"

"You take it in the way you want to take it in, darling." Zendaya jokingly told her as she started unzipping the bag of makeup. She leaned forward and asked, "How do you want this?"

"Not too much, I just want to emphasize my features." Emi replied grinning. "You know I don't really use makeup, right?"

"Yeah, you've said that before," Zendaya said concentrating on the lips. "Oh! Emi, have you got the four?"

"The what?" Emi asked.

"The four," Zendaya repeated louder. "Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue?"

"Don't forget the sixpence in your shoe." A new voice entered in.

"Oh, good morning, Emma." Emi chirped.

"Good morning! How's everything going? Looking great, by the way." Emma cheerfully commented.

"Everything is fine, just really tired, and thanks."

"Yeah, it's around seven thirty now," Zendaya said as she began working on her hair. "So, back to my first question, have you got the four?"

Emi snorted, "If I didn't know what it was, would you think I had it?"

"Fair point," the American shrugged, quickly tying up the braids. "We'll worry about that later."

Emma turned to the woman sitting in the chair, "Emi, do you perhaps have any idea on what to use for the four?"

Emi thought for a moment, squinting her eyes and staring into blank space. Her eyes sparkled when she remembered the present her mother meant to give her on her sixteenth birthday.

"Emma! Remember that beautiful locket my dad gave me from my mother? For my birthday, that is."

"Yes," Emma replied quickly. "Do you have that with you?"

"Yeah, it's in my room. I'll get it later. That could be my 'something old'." Emi said while doing quotation marks with her fingers.

Emma's POV