Chapter 2: Quirk-Assessment test

Shit. I was right. As Aizawa explained the basics of the test and the punishments you might receive if you fail ( Expelled from UA, Bla bla bla) I struggled to not loose my cool right then and there. The truth was, I really didn't wanna show off my quirk. If it was just me and Aizawa, this would be awesome. But now there would be 19 people I barely know watching me and judging my quirk which I'm already not confident about. Well....one of them knows me pretty well.
"Bakugo." Aizawa said. Hm? What does he want with Katsuki?
"What was your softball distance in junior high?"
He looked up coldly and said, "67 meters I think."
67 meters?! Damn.
"Try using your quirk." Aizawa tossed him the softball. Katsuki walked towards the pitching point where Aizawa stood. He stretched for a few minutes before tossing the ball, using the explosion as a boost. It was almost as though I could feel the anger and tension in that throw.
Aizawa showed us how far that was with the reader on his phone.
705.2 meters?!
"Whoa! " guy with weird hair said.
"I wanna try. this seems like fun!" Mina jumped up and down in excitement. Big mistake Mina. You just made the stakes higher. After Aizawa gave us a short lecture, we began with the events. To start of was the fifty meter dash. I was pretty sure I knew how I could use my quirk to my advantage in this round, but I was scared to activate it. Nonetheless, I realised I had to do it.
I reached into my bag and pulled out a knife. The entire class stared at me, stunned. Katsuki was giving me a pained look. He didn't like it when I used my quirk. Aizawa just looked on. In spite of the stares , I ignored them and slowly used the knife to cut my palms.
"(Y/N).....what are you...." Mina gave me a confused and worried look.
"Okay, okay. Next up is (Y/N) and Kirishima. Get ready." I got up and walked past the shocked and concerned students. Katsuki was speechless. He hated what my quirk did to me.
"Hey. You ok?" Kirishima asked me. He was the guy with red hair and eyes who complimented me earlier. I gave a light smile and nodded. "Don't worry . I need to do this to activate my quirk." He returned my weak smile. "ok. Do your best to beat me (Y/N)."
"You too."
"On your marks." Aizawa began. With blood dripping from my hands, I got ready.
"Get set."
I placed my fingers on the buttons on my shoes.
"Go!" I gently pressed them, flinching a bit at the pain of the tiny needles going into my feet. But that didn't last long. Kirishima gave me a look of surprise as I leapt into the air.
Time to activate my quirk.
"Blood rush!" I yelled, as my blood streamed out of my hands and feet in small doses, pushing me forward ahead of Kirishima. I crossed the finish line, feeling a bit dizzy as I did.
"5.21 seconds!!! " the reader read. I stood still for a minute, letting my blood cells rebuild. Then I fetched two band-aids for my palms from my bag. My feet had already healed as I didn't need to use that ability for any of the other events. It was only when I had cleared up my palms that I realised everyone was staring at me. "Uh.... what are you guys...."
"WHOA THAT WAS AWESOME (Y/N)!!!!" Mina jumped up and down. "Yeah!!! I got to hand it to you. You really are something. " Kirishima gave me a grin. My face flushed. He's kinda cute. "You're awesome to. " I smiled. "your quirk is way cooler then mine!!"
A bunch of the kids crowded around me,asking me all sorts of questions. Especially Izuku.
"Blood-related quirks are extremely rare. You've gotta tell me all about yours (Y/N)." He began mumbling to himself and writing things down in that notebook of his. My eyes travelled to the cover. Hero analysis for the future:no13. This kid seemed really serious about heroism. I wonder what his quirk did. I knew how Katsuki felt about him. But right now he wasn't even paying attention to him. He was just looking at me, his intense crimson eyes meeting with mine. And then I looked away. "Ok, ok." Aizawa said dismissively. "That's enough." But I could see the slight hint of a smile on his face. Oh Aizawa, never change.
"Next up we'll have Bakugo and Midoriya." It was then that I noticed Izuku was really nervous. Like, he was sweating a lot. "Umm... you okay Izuku?" Maybe he was scared of showing of his quirk like I was.
"No...I'm fine." He brushed it of and gave me a fake smile. I decided not to press on.
"Ok then. Good luck out there." I gave him a thumbs up. He smiled with appreciation.
"On your marks." Izuku and Katsuki took their positions as the whole class watched on. I tried to give Katsuki a smile, but he wouldn't look at me anymore. "Get set."
He didn't get it.
"Go!"
I watched Katsuki use his explosions to propel himself into the air.
Hmm.....that resembles what I did. Well, he's improved in technique which is good. His physical strength is definitely stronger. I'm not surprised.....he's really something......
My eyes traveled to Izuku.
He's not using his quirk.....?
Now I realise why he was so nervous.
Does he not have one? I'm not sure since I didn't take it....but.....isn't it next to impossible to pass the exams without a quirk?
My mind tried to figure it out, but failed miserably.
I guess.....I'll have to ask him later......