Chapter 4: Friends

"Here are your final scores." Aizawa flashed up the projected screen which showed the rankings. I looked around for my name.
No 1: Shouto Todoroki
No 2 : Momo Yaoyorozu
No 3 : Katsuki Bakugo
No 4: (Y/N)
I smirked. Not too shabby. I wonder who came last....
No 20: Izuku Midoriya
Oh....shit.
The poor kid.
"Oh yeah. By the way I was lying about expelling someone."
Wait..... WHAT THE FUCKING HELL WHAT THE-
"It was just a rational deception to make sure you did your very best."
That doesn't sound like Aizawa at all...... unless he saw potential in Midoriya.........
Yup. That must have been it.
I gave Izuku an earnest smile. "I guess that's good for you."
But he wasn't paying attention to me. He was looking at the rankings, determination in his eyes.
I'll give him this. He's definitely got guts.
                                       -.-
"Hey (Y/N)! " Mina called me from the other side of the cafeteria. I smiled at her and followed her to the table where Girl-with-weird ears, Electric dude, Kirishima, tape-arms and Katsuki were sitting.  Then I made the ultimate move to get me and Katsuki back on the right foot:
I sat right next to him.
Mina looked at my seating choice and grinned coyly, arching her eyebrows and giggling.
Jesus Christ.....
"Oi." Katsuki said.
"Hey."
There was an awkward silence for a moment. Our interaction was so natural out in the field, but now I didn't know how to start a conversation. I didn't want to bring up what happened back then, and he should get that. But I wasn't sure how to explain it to him.
Then I realised.
Anger was the key.
"You know...." I began. He looked at me surprised, not expecting me to even say anything.
"Your hair looks way more like a hedgehog then it used to...."
3...2...1...
"WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU MEAN BY HEDGEHOG?! YOU'RE  THE ONE WITH WEIRD EYES!!!!"
I laughed. "Atleast I don't look like an animal. Oh wait....that's what you are....huh...."
"YOU BITCH!!! YOU'RE GONNA REGRET THE DAY YOU WERE EVER CONCEIVED!!!"
"WOW?! HOW LOW CAN YOU GO HEDGEHOG!!!"
"DONT FUCKING CALL ME A HEDGEHOG YOU MOTHERFUCKER!!!!"
"Okay....okay guys....calm down...." Kirishima broke up the fight, giving us a weird look. Then he grinned playfully. "(Y/N) is pretty right though....."
"HUH?! YOU TRAITOR!!! "
I giggled.  Kirishima blushed and then said: "ummm.....you have a nice laugh..."
what.....? AWWWWWWWWWWWW ~
"Thanks....." I was blushing too.
Katsuki was looking at me..... and it was strange ......
Because he was smiling.
It wasn't a malicious, negative smile.....it was a sincere earnest one.
I'd only seen him smile like that one other time.
When he realised I was looking at him, however, his frown returned.
"THE HELL ARE YOU LOOKING AT EH?!"
"What?" I looked away quickly, blushing with embarrassment. "I wasn't looking at anyone."
Electric dude and tape-arms looked confused, and I could hear there conversation:
"Hey Sero."
"Hmm?"
"I see a love-triangle......"
"Oh yeah. I get what you mean."
What........???????????
I blushed furiously.
"W-WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU IMPLYING?"
Katsuki's eyes widened when he realised what was being said.
"DONT YOU FUCKING  DARE-"
That was when the bell rung. Sero (tape-arms) and Electric dude ran for it, Katsuki chasing furiously after them. I stood up quickly before he left the cafeteria, yelling at the top of my lungs:
"ARE WE FRIENDS AGAIN?!"
He turned around quickly and grinned.
"ABSO-FUCKING-LUTELY."
                                      -.-
"I AM HERE!!!" Allmight burst through the door, the eternal grin on his face particularly large. I felt a prod on the back of my shoulder.Realising who it was, I grabbed the note Katsuki had passed to me.
WE BETTER GET TO KICK SOME ASS.
I grinned.
I get how you feel. ;)
He blushed when he read my note.
THE HELL DOES THAT WINKY FACE MEAN?!
He replied furiously.
Nothing of your concern <3
Writing emoticons had always been this random tendency of mine. Sometimes they wouldn't even be relevant to how I felt.
DONT DODGE THE QUESTION LIKE THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
He replied , his large handwriting hogging the space on the paper. I rolled my eyes, grabbed another sheet if paper, and started to write my response.
"WHAT'S THIS?" Allmight's booming voice rang out. I jumped in my seat in surprise.
Allmight was right in front of me.
Shit.
"PASSING NOTES?! LET ME SEE WHAT'S THE STORY ."  He grabbed the sheet of paper and examined it, the smile still on his face.
OH SHIT NO FU-
He started to read the conversation Katsuki and I had out loud.
"WE BETTER GET TO KICK SOME ASS.
Pause.  I GET HOW YOU FEEL. WINKY FACE EMOTICON. Pause. "
The whole class burst out laughing. I covered my face with my hands to try to hide my tomato-red face from the rest of the class.
Allmight placed the sheet of paper back down on my desk and laughed.
"YOU ARE GOOD AT FLIRTING." The frank way he said it caused the whole class to laugh even more.
Katsuki sprang up from his seat, blushing just as much as I was.
"OI WHAT DO YOU FUCKING MEAN SHE WASNT FUCKING FLIRTING SHE JUST HAS A RANDOM TENDENCY TO DO THAT SHES BEEN DOING IT SINCE WE WERE FUCKING KIDS!!!!!!!"
There was silence. My blush only increased.
You just made this worse.....fuck.
Then the whole class just went "Oooooohhhhh!!!!" And gave  me and Katsuki  weird looks.
Allmight arched an eyebrow. "SO IT'S THAT INTENSE EH? AHHH YOUNG LOVE."
"WE'RE JUST FRIENDS !!!!! " Katsuki and I yelled simultaneously.
"ANYWAY....." Allmight finally stopped talking about us and continued teaching. "Get dressed in your hero costumes. We are doing battle training."
Katsuki smirked. "Fucking awesome."
Allmight pressed a button, unveiling the boxes that held our costumes.
"WAHOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!" Mina jumped up in excitement.
As excited as I was, I decided to keep my feelings to a minimum.
Battle training.
This is what I was looking forward to the most. I could finally grow . Finally move on.
I could use my ability to save lives, not take them.