Chapter 13: Jane Meets Odin

The Asgardians had Jane lie on a table, as some type of energy field surrounded her. The physicians were looking to see what was going on with her.

"What's that?" Jane asked.

"Be still," Eir, the main physician, said.

"This is not of Earth. What is it?" Thor asked one of the healers.

"We do not know. But she will not survive the amount of energy surging within her," she answered.

"That's a quantum field generator, isn't it?" Jane asked, still interested.

"It's a Soul Forge," Eir told her.

"Does a Soul Forge transfer molecular energy from one place to another?" Jane wondered.

Eir looked at her, impressed, and answered, "Yes."

"Quantum field generator," she whispered to Thor, who smiled affectionately.

That was when Odin entered.

"My words are mere noises to you that you ignore them completely?" he questioned Thor.

"She's ill," Thor informed.

"She is mortal. Illness is their defining trait," Odin argued.

"I brought her here so we can help her," Thor insisted.

"She does not belong here in Asgard anymore than a goat belongs at a banquet table," Odin remarked.

"And yet we have her kind watching over one of our prisoners," Thor said.

"That was your mother's doing, so this woman must leave," Odin ordered.

Jane sat up and looked at Thor, pretty offended.

"Did he just--" she questioned then demanded to Odin, "Who do you think you are?"

"I am Odin. King of Asgard. Protector of the Nine Realms," Odin answered.

"Oh. Well I'm--" she started.

"I know very well who you are...Jane Foster," he replied.

Jane turned to Thor, smiling, and asked, flattered, "You told your dad about me?"

"Something's within her, father. Something I have not seen," Thor continued.

"Her world has its healers, they're called doctors, let them deal with it. Guards! Take her back to Midgard!" Odin commanded.

The guards obeyed ready to take Jane.

"No I wouldn't--" Thor protested, the same result that happened in London happened, and Thor finished, "--touch her. Jane, are you alright?"

Odin went to Jane and ran his hand over her arm. He noticed her skin was glowing red.

"It's impossible," Odin stated.

"The infection, it's defending her?" one of the healers asked.

"No. It's defending itself," Thor corrected.

"Come with me," Odin urged and Thor and Jane followed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N So what could happen to Jane if the Aether remains inside her?