Chapter 33: Confessions

Upon the dead realm of Svartalfheim, Thor's skiff glided over dead plains and broken cities. Thor placed a cover over Jane, who was still unconscious while Jamie sat with her. Thor sat beside Loki, who just shook his head.

"What I could do with the power that flows through those veins," Loki commented.

"It would consume you," Thor answered.

"She's holding up alright. For now," Loki said.

"She's strong in ways you'd never even know," Thor remarked.

"Say goodbye," Loki told him.

"Not this day," Thor refused.

"This day, the next, a hundred years, it's nothing. It's a heartbeat. You'll never be ready. The only woman whose love you prized will be snatched from you," Loki explained.

"And will that satisfy you? Because what I saw was Jamie doing the same for you and she has the same power inside of her," Thor pointed out.

This made Loki hesitate for a minute until he regained himself.

"Satisfaction is not in my nature," he finally said.

"Surrender is not in mine," Thor remarked.

"The son of Odin..." Loki started.

"No. Not just of Odin," Thor stated, stood, and continued, "You think you alone were loved by Mother? You had her tricks, but I had her trust."

"Trust? Was that her last expression? Trust? When you let her die?" Loki remarked harshly.

"What help were you in your cell?" Thor snapped.

"Who put me there? Who put me there!" Loki yelled, making Jamie cringe.

Thor leapt towards Loki and pinned him.

"You know damn well. You know damn well who!" Thor shouted.

Thor was about to punch Loki but stopped himself. Both brothers paused in shock and they both got up.

"She wouldn't want us to fight," Thor said.

"Well she wouldn't exactly be shocked," Loki pointed out, his mood softened.

The brothers half-laughed at each other.

"I wish I could trust you," Thor replied then got Jane in his arms.

"Trust my rage," Loki stated.

Thor took over the tiller and had Jane lay against him while Loki went to Jamie at the front.

"Did you mean that?" Jamie asked.

"Mean what?" Loki wondered.

"About the love Jane has for Thor would be snatched away from him," she clarified.

"It will be. Everyone knows it to be true," he said.

"You don't get it, do you? It shouldn't matter where someone is from, as long as they love each other. You said that I was the only good thing on Earth to you. Why can't Jane be the same for Thor?" Jamie challenged.

"Because they will live with that for the rest of their lives--" Loki started.

"I love you, Loki," she interrupted him then looked away.

Loki was shocked at this. He looked at her, but she didn't return his gaze.

"You love me?" he asked.

"Yes. But what does it matter if you don't think a couple similar to us has a chance?" Jamie pointed out.

Loki got her to face him and he noticed tears running down her cheeks. He cupped her face and dried her tears, despite the cuffs, while she held his elbows in her hands.

"It was not my intent to hurt you or say those things. I said them out of anger," he assured then added, "I've been meaning to do this ever since you first trusted me."

He leaned in and kissed her. Jamie joined in immediately. His lips were a little cold, but soft. Their lips moved in sync perfectly and they wanted to keep going, but they parted for air.

"I love you too," he told her.

Jamie smiled and hugged him. As they did, Loki saw Thor smirking at him.

"Shut up," he mouthed to him.

When they parted, she requested, "Just promise me one thing."

"Anything," Loki said.

"Don't die before I do," Jamie told him.

He nodded, saying, "I promise."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Loki and Jamie finally kissed and confessed their love! Holy shit!