CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN

"Family is power

"Family is power. Love, loyalty, thats power."

REBEKAH laid on an old mattress in a poor state suffering from the werewolf bites she received from last night -- there is a dripping sound by her bedside as she is came into a conscious state.

She shot awake gasping only to look around and see a very familiar hospital in full swing -- the sound of screaming patients in agony and bustling nurses and doctors attending to them, all dying from Spanish Influenza.

She is hallucinating, when she really is in an abandoned hospital in New Orleans; antique hospital beds, wheelchairs and equipment left behind and forgotten.

She breathed heavily and gasped with fear as she looked around lost in her hallucination. Blood dripping on the floor; a man dropped a bloody rag, another man sits up in bed and coughed out blood.

She gasped as two doctors dropped another patient onto a cot and wheel him toward the morgue.

She slowly rolled out of the bed, weakened by the werewolf venom in her system. A woman's laughter is heard echoing through the corridors.

"Who's there?" She asks between breathes, as she was breathing deeply. No answer, she struggled to get out of that room as quickly as possible and escape. As she reached the door, she plunged through it escaping outside. "How the hell did I get here?" She asked herself as she stumbled toward the steps, but before she can go any further she is stabbed in the heart with a wooden stake. She gasped and fell to the ground only to look into the eyes of the familiar face that stabbed her. "Genevieve!"

"Rebekah, tell me you're not leaving already. I thought we might reminisce."

Rebekah fell unconscious.

Meanwhile inside, Celeste looked over the body of Klaus who is shirtless and lying on a bed tied down by restraints. He too is weakened by Papa Tunde's blade which has disappeared inside of him. He groaned and started to stir.

THE witches have gathered to say goodbye to Sophie who was killed. Monique stood emotionless with a candle as a man laid bricks over Sophie's grave. Elijah appeared and quickly took out three people at vampire speed, Monique is not phased, but others gasped.

"My siblings have been taken...where are they?" He asked her, fixing the sleeve of his suit.

"You're interrupting my Aunt Sophie's consecration," Monique told him with no emotions in her eyes, but you could easily tell that she was a little aggravated.

Elijah looked confused as he looked at Sophie's tomb. "How did this happen?"

"Aunt Sophie was a casualty of war," She told him simply.