Chapter 7: "Are we friends?" #Wattys2014

"Abercrombie."
"Annah."
We both say in unison.

"You both know each other?" My mum asks happily.

"Uhhhh, well mum this is Austin." I clarify.

"And this is Annah, mum." He clarifies.

"So this is the famous Austin!" My mum says.

"So this is that girl you have been talking nonstop about." Alice smirks.

I see Austin blush.
"I mentioned her a couple of times, mum. That's all."

"Yeah a couple of hundred." Alice winks.

"Don't worry. Rose here has been talking about Austin all week as well."

Thanks mum.

Austin sits down next to me.
I notice my brother is really quiet and keeps on exchanging awkward glances with Annabella. He knows her? I know that they were really close whenever we used to visit California. My brother used to go without me sometimes and I vaguely remember him telling me that they had an affair, but I thought they were past all that.
Obviously not since they both are going all goo goo eyed for each other.

We all talk small talk over dinner and finally eat dessert.

After dessert, I follow everybody to the living room. I overhear my parents talking to Austin's parents about some business they want to open up back in Canada. Before they go any further into that conversation, they stop talking and Austin's dad faces us.

"Annabella, Austin, why do you go and show Eliannah and Bailey to your rooms and go do something productive?" Alex says.

Guess that's our cue to go.

"Ok." Austin and Annabella replies.

I notice Annabella is a little nervous and so is my brother. What on Earth is wrong with them.

Once we get upstairs Austin takes me to his room and Annabella takes Bailey to hers.

I enter Austin's room and notice how awesome it is. He has a massive plasma TV located in front of his king sized bed. His walls are painted sea green and orange and he has downlights installed.

"Nice room."

"Thanks."

There is an awkward silence between us and I sit down on his bed. He joins me.

"I can't believe that your parents are the Canadian family my parents always talk about!" Austin shouts.

"I know. How weird!'

We hear a bang on the wall. Its coming from the other room.

"What the hell was that?" I ask.

"I don't know. Its coming from my sisters room." He replies.

"Hey, is it just me or are they acting really weird?" I ask curiously.

"No, I noticed it too. They had a 'complicated relationship' and then went out for around a year but then broke up because the long distance crap wasn't working out for them."

"Really? I vaguely remember my brother telling me about that! Woah who knew it would turn out to be your sister."

We heard another thud against the wall.

"Ok lets go check whats happening in her room. Who knows, they might be killing each other!"

"You're such a drama queen!" I chuckle.

We both get up and exit the room. He leads to me his sisters room and opens the door.

....

Ew. That's the only word to describe what I am seeing. They both are literally sucking each others faces off. They are nearly naked.

Austin quickly shuts the door, but they already saw us looking.

Austin fake gags and we both crack up laughing.

"Well they certainly missed each other." I joke.

We walk back to his room.

"Hey Annah. Are we friends?" Austin asks.

"Well, yeah. That's what I thought anyways. Please don't say that you want to be more than friends" I beg.

"Ok cool. No you idiot. But I do want to do what our siblings were just doing." He winks.

Oh fricken hell. No no no!

"Do you want to die, Abercrombie." I say trying to hide the nervousness in my voice.

"I'm kidding, chill man!" He jokes.

Thank the Lord!

I hear my parents calling me so we run downstairs.

"Lets go Rose. Get your brother please" my mum says.

"Uhhh, well he's a bit busy." I say.

"Doing what?" My mum asks. By this point all eyes are on us.

I stutter. "Uhhh, ummm... he's on the phone." I quickly cover up.

My mum has detected my lie but the others fall for it. She knows I will tell her later but now wasn't the right moment to say what he was doing.

I hear my brother coming down with Annabella. They both have messy hair and plump red lips. I don't even think they realised that everybody can tell that they just had a heavy make out session. I stifle a laugh and so does Austin.

"Ok we better get going. I'll see you Monday, Alex." My dad says.

We all say our goodbye's and Austin approaches me.

"I'll see you Monday, Annah."

"Yah." He pulls me in for a hug and I gasp before hugging him back.

"Bye, beautiful." He winks jokingly.

"Bye hottie!" I wink back. Ha! Two can play at that game.

We jump in the car and drive off. While my parents are talking I lean into my brother and whisper into his ear.

"So you and Annabella back together again?"

"I don't know? Its complicated." He replies.

"Oh, fricken hell! Dont start the whole "its complicated" bullshit!" I say annoyed.

"Ask her out and get married or something. I can see the way you two look at each other. It's freaking scary as hell. You two obviously love each other." I say.

"I'll see. What about you and Austin huh?" he nudges me.

"What about us. We're friends!" I retaliate.

"Oh fricken hell. Don't start the whole "we're friends' bullshit!" he mimics, purposely repeating what I said earlier.

"I'm being serious. We are actually only friends." I reassure him.

"Yeah yeah. I saw that hug before we left. I can guarantee you that in 2 weeks you both would already have kissed." He challenges.

"Oh its on fartface!" I say.

He snickers.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A humongous dedication to... @DeliriousMistakes! She is sooo sweet and lovely. Please follow her and read her books. They are really good!!! :)

I'VE HIT Over 500 READS IN LESS THAN 2 WEEKS!!! THANK YOU GUYS SOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!! Its means a lot to me!!! Love you all!

Pleeeeeeaaassseeee click that little star down there. Its eassssyy! And please comment and follow!! xx

I've got some interesting parts coming up, so please keep reading!

Recommendations:

Book: Not all blondes do back flips by CrayonChomper. (WATTPAD)- its so good and funny!

Song: Bring it back by Joel Fletcher