Chapter Three

Staring at my clock the next day I start to get more anxious by the minute. Sam is home but he's not mine anymore. I can't go to him and sit next to him to feel better. I can't kiss him and I can't cuddle him.

It's hard to be away from him but I guess that's why he wanted to split in the first place. Even though I know I may not need his help that much I'm scared to face the world without him.

Looking at the time I see its 10:47am. Sighing I wipe my eyes from tearing up a little and start walking down stairs. I see Sam, Corey and Elton in the living room but I ignore them as I get a drink of water.

"Colby!" I hear Elton scream. I walk into the living room and lean against the door.

"Yeah?"

"When are you leaving for Doctor Kels?"

"Maybe around 11:30." I tell him as I sit down on the couch furthest away from all three of them. I pull out my phone and start to look through instagram but all I see are pictures of me and Sam.

"You alright Colby?" Corey asks. I look up and bite my lip so I can calm myself.

"Ye-yeah I'm fine." I lie to him. I look over at Sam and he gives me a worried look.

"What's wrong? Are the voices bothering you?"

"No....no its not them. Just stuff on instagram." I say looking away from Sam. I look at my hands and breath in slowly.

"What's on instagram?" Corey asks.

"Uh....pictures of me and Sam. When we were....uh....still together." I say as I feel my throat get tight, "I think I'm gonna go upstairs for a bit." I say before I stand up and walk towards the stairs.

Once I reach my room I shut the door and lean against it. I feel tears in my eyes and I slowly slide down until I reach the floor.

Sam probably doesn't even care. He might not even be worried about you right now

"I knew you were gonna start now."

Well of course. We don't go away Colby because we are technically you

"Then maybe if I'm gone then so would you."

Ha. You have no guts to do it or even try again. You failed the last time

"Maybe all it takes is enough stress to actually do it." I whisper.

"Colby! Come on we are leaving." I hear Sam yell. I look at the time and see its a 11:28

"You guys wasted that entire thirty minutes." I complain. I stand up and walk down the stairs to see Sam on his crutches.

"You alright?"

"Honestly no, no I'm not." I say walking past him and towards the car wanting this day to be over with