Chapter Five

I immediately cross my arms when I sit down trying to make myself "smaller". I watch as she grabs some paperwork and gets a clipboard. She soon gets out of her desk chair and goes to the big black one in front of the couch.

"So mr. Brock how are you today?"

"Okay I guess." I say making it sound more of a question than a statement. She nods her head as she listens to the emotion in my voice and watches my body language.

"So what kind of help do you need? Is there anything important happening in your life right now?"

"No.... I really don't want help."

"Colby. Same has told me things and it sounds like you need help. Serious help."

"If you already know things then why am I even here? No offense I'm only here because Sam told me to be here." I say looking away so I don't look in her eyes.

"Colby I'm only trying to get you to a better state of mind. Please just try. What's happening today?"

"Sam's leaving today for awhile actually."

"And Sam is your friend right?"

"I guess so but not really. It's confusing." I say looking down at my hands.

"What's so confusing about it?" Doctor Kels ask. I look up and sigh trying not to cry in front of her.

"Isn't he your bestfriend? Don't you want that?" She asks. I shake my head and wipe at my eyes.

"It's great yeah but no.....I dont want that. See me and Sam used to date but he is leaving for I think a month? He wanted me to get help while he was gone and learn that he isn't the only thing I need to wait for and I need to do things on my own. So he broke up with me."

"I see and this is upsetting you isn't it?"

"Very. I understand where he's coming from but I was already having a hard time and the break up added to it. I just need him sometimes you know?" I say looking down at my hands.

"Don't worry my son is gay and he recently just gone through a break up. I understand a little." She says. I look up at her and give her a smile.

"What other things have you been struggling with?"

"Depression, cutting, voices.....it all started because of a stupid prank." I tell her. She nods her head and writes something down.

"And what was this prank? How did it all happen?" She asks. And that's when I finally told someone else the entire story of me and Sam's fucked up life.....well more like year.