Chapter Twelve

Once I'm done speaking I feel tears make their way down my face. I wipe them away quickly and look at the ground staring at all the lines in the wood.

"I'm going to bed." I say quietly as I stand up and make my way towards my room. Once I get to my bedroom I shut the door slowly and lay down on my bed. I hear a soft knock on the door and slowly roll over and look over at my door seeing Devyn opened it a little.

"Colby. Can I come in?" She asks quietly. I nod my head and sit up. She walks in and shuts the door behind her before she sits on the bed.

"The guys and I were talking. We think you should call Sam. Tell him about this. He should know and he should know that you're okay." Devyn says sweetly.

"I can't. He doesn't want me calling him. I'd just bother him. He'll think I'm not better. He'll hate me." I say looking at my hands. I start playing with the hem of my shirt and think back to the day he left.

"He'll be dissapointed and with his recovery he's probably stressed. I can't call him. I just can't. I'm sorry."

"Colby. I know you're scared but trust me he won't hate you. You're getting better aren't you?"

"Yeah. My therapist doesn't make me come as much anymore. I can do things on my own. I can make decisions and I don't get mad."

"Then don't let Brennen make you restart this. You've come far. All you have to do is pick up the phone and say hi. Don't you want to call him? Talk to him?"

"I do." I say looking at Devyn. She smiles and nods.

"Then give him a call." She says handing me my phone, "that's all you have to do."