Chapter Two of the Worst Summer Yet

The summer job was just what came with my awful summer. The very worst part was staying with my aunt and uncle for the months of June through August.

It was decided by my dad that only he and my mother should go to Greece for the summer, and it was just so convenient that Aunt Marion and Uncle Tom would give me a place to stay. I missed my house; which was only a few miles away. We lived just inside Cornersville, while my aunt and uncle lived smack dab in the middle of Lewisburg. It was so dumb that I couldn’t stay in my own house, but that was the way my parents had wanted it. And my aunt and uncle were loving being able to torturing me. Loving it.

The best part was the party. My aunt and uncle had this annual get together just for the hell of it. Imagine my surprise when the Dalton Gang showed up, smug as ever.

The Dalton Gang and I go way back. I had a fling with their "leader", Dalton. As far as I knew, his "friends" had been his little followers ever since sophomore year. Anyway, last summer Dalton and I were…..Well, we weren’t necessarily boyfriend and girlfriend, and neither were we friends…..To put it in other words, we just had sex occasionally when he sold me pot. That was the kinda girl I was.

I was different now, though. And, even though my aunt and uncle had it in their heads that Dalton was a sweet little boy, I wanted to run home at the first sight of that douche.

Unfortunately for me, Dalton decided to be deaf the day I said enough. So he strolled right over to me with that damn smirk plastered on his face. Lucky for me he didn’t seem high….yet.

"Well, if it isn’t my girl Halle," he said, slinging his arm over my shoulder.

His goonies chuckled, though not following his lead in coming anywhere close to me.

"Long time no see, sweetheart," he murmured, his lips at my ear.

I pulled back, taking his hand and chucking it off me. "Would you quit it?"

"What?" Dalton said with a smirk, capturing my chin. "You’re honestly gonna stand there an say you didn’t miss me?"

"Not even a little," I growled, glaring at him.

"Ouch! Cut me to the quick, sweetheart!"

"Don’t call me ‘sweetheart’."

"How’s about I don’t call you anything?" he said, roughly setting his lips to mine, slipping the tongue as soon as I gasped.

I shoved him away, not even thinking as my hand flew up and slapped across his cheek. "Don’t. Kiss. Me. Ever." With that, I turned heel and stormed away.

As I was storming away, I pulled out my cell and dialed Kasey’s number.

After a few rings, all I got was her voice mail. "Hey, you’ve reached Kasey Stewart! I’m obviously not able to get to the phone now, so leave a message or buzz me back later!"

"Kasey, you bitch!" I ranted after that annoying beep. "Why the hell won’t you pick up when I need you the most?! Ugh! Call me back, the effing Dalton Gang is at my aunt’s. Bitch, if I hafta stay here, so’re you!"

I hung up and ran up to the guest room, locking myself in the closet. This was all I needed! Frickin’ Dalton and his frickin’ tongue! Why couldn’t he keep it to himself, anyway? And how many times did I have to make it clear that things with us were over?!

My train of thought was interrupted by my cell going off crazily in my pocket. I answered it without checking the caller ID. "I hate you."

"I know! I know! I’m so sorry! Jon and I were having an argument and, well, I was in the middle of calling him out, but then I heard your message…..God, how are you?"