one: vision

"I'm so glad you transferred to my school or else we never would've met..." I whispered, my head on his chest as we layed in the grass, looking up at the patterns and clusters of stars above. 

"Me too... you're the best thing that's happened to me Lexi." He stated, running his hands through my hair. 

"You really mean that? What about your brother?" I asked, turning my head to look at him. It was dark, not letting me make out his facial features clearly. 

"I didn't have a choice with him. But you I did." He winked, causing me to playfully roll my eyes. I turned my attention back to the sky. White dots glimmered alongside little blue ones and pinkish red ones. Stars are so interesting if you really think about... I yawned, trying hard not to fall asleep.

"How about we go home now...?" He asked, as I nodded, sitting up before standing up and stretching. He intertwined his hand in mine as we walked down the hill to his vehicle. I got in the passenger seat, shivering from the cool evening air. 

"Here babe," he said, handing me a sweatshirt of his that was in the backseat. 

"Thanks." I leaned over the center console and gave him a kiss before pulling the cologne-scented sweatshirt over me and sitting back comfortably in my seat. I turned on the radio once the car was started, and hummed along to the songs playing until he stopped the car and turned to face me. I looked at him, his face blurry.

"C'mon, get up." He said. 

"What?" I looked at him in confusion. 

"You need to get up!" He said frantically, grabbing my arm.

"What are you talking about??" I asked. 

"Wake up Lexi." I heard, when I opened my eyes to see my younger brother Ryan standing above me. I sat up once he'd walked away. I looked over at my clock, seeing that it was 6:39 am, and I needed to leave the house at 7:45 to take Ryan to school first, then to drive myself to school. It was January 6th, the first day back of school since winter break. I turned on Spotify and walked into my closet, picking out my outfit for today. 

"Morning hun." My mom said as I walked past her on my way to the kitchen.

"Morning mom." I said, opening the fridge to look for something to eat for breakfast. 

"Here's your schedule, I printed it out at work yesterday and forgot to give it to you last night. Seems like a pretty good semester." She stated, setting down a piece of white paper on the counter. I grabbed a yogurt and the carton of milk, then going to the pantry to find cereal. 

"Thanks." I said, reading it as I ate my breakfast. 

"I'm leaving, I love you two. Have a good day." My mom said, walking out the front door. I turned my attention back to my schedule.

PERIOD ONE: LEADERSHIP

PERIOD TWO: CALCULUS

PERIOD THREE:  ADVANCED ENGLISH 12

-LUNCH-

PERIOD FOUR: ART III

PERIOD FIVE: NO SUBJECT- EARLY DISMISSAL

PERIOD SIX: NO SUBJECT- EARLY DISMISSAL

My schedule didn't change much; I had leadership and calculus and English last semester too. I unlocked my phone after reading my schedule and went to iMessage and scrolled until I found 'Madisyn'. 

Me : i had the weirdest dream last night... there was this guy, and we were dating but i never once said his name in the dream, and his face was blurry, but apparently he was a new student at our school and i ended up showing him around. i actually dont even remember what he looked like... it felt so real

I put my cereal bowl in the sink and opened my yogurt. A few minutes later my phone vibrated.

Madisyn : oooh maybe it's a sign and we'll have a cute new guy!!

Me : i doubt it... meet me outside the student store at lunch

Madisyn : okay :)

I put my phone down and finished eating. I glanced at the clock, and it was now 7:15. I went back upstairs to my room to do my hair and finish getting ready. 

"We need to go Ryan!" I yelled, sliding on my checkered Vans and grabbing my backpack from my room. 

"Okay, okay, I'm ready!" He yelled back from downstairs. 

"Do you have your lunch?" I asked him once I'd made it downstairs.

"Yes, mother." He rolled his eyes at me.

"Shut up." I laughed, grabbing my car keys. We went out the front door as I locked it behind me. 

"Can I use the aux cord?" Ryan asked me once we both had buckled our seatbelts. 

"Sure." I said, starting the car. He turned the volume up and some rap song started playing at an obnoxiously loud level. Ryan's middle school was really close to the high school, which made it convenient for me to take to him to school and pick him up after. It also wasn't super far from our house. 

"Let me know if you want a ride after school or if you're going to a friend's house, okay?" I asked, as I pulled up in front of the school right on time. 

"I will, bye!" He said, getting out and shutting the door.

"Have a good day loser..." I called out, driving away. I parked in my usual parking spot when I got to the high school, slinging my backpack over my shoulder and walking in the front doors to see kids crowding the halls, catching up with friends that they never got to hang out with over break. 

"Lexi!" I heard a guy's voice call behind me. I turned to see my guy best friend Spencer walking through the front doors.

"Spencer!" I smiled, running over to him and hugging him. 

"I missed you so much you don't even understand. That trip was hell!" He said, letting go of me. 

"You were in Hawaii, how can you complain?" I asked as we walked through the commons.

"I was so bored and my cousins weren't even there. It was just grandparents, aunts, uncles, and my parents. Those two weeks were torture." He said. 

"Well you're back now, that's the good thing." I pointed out, as the bell rang, signaling that we needed to get to our classes. 

"I'll see you at lunch?" He asked.

"Yep!" I nodded, as we parted ways to our first period classes. I walked into leadership, one of my favorite classes, and sat at my desk, reading the board to see what we were doing today.

"Welcome back guys!" Our teacher Mr. Matthews said, walking in the door. "Please grab your notebook and do the warm up prompt on the board." He said, sitting down at his desk as the room began writing and talking to their neighbors. 

"Oh, and before I forget..." Matthews mumbled from his desk, "Lexi, can I talk to you for a minute?" He asked me. I nodded, getting up and walking over to his desk.

"We have a new student and I was wondering if you could show him around?"