sixteen: close

Lexi's POV

I looked back at the arena as we walked out, the cool night air feeling much better than the humid venue. It was now just after eleven o'clock. The breeze grazed against my bare legs exposed by the black distressed shorts I'd worn with my Vans and old 5SOS merch. The venue where Ethan and I had spent the past two hours with 5 Seconds of Summer. I stood there just looking at it, as people walked past me, some bumping into me. I reached up and wiped a couple tears that started to fall down my cheeks. I felt a hand on my back and turned to see Ethan.

"Hey, you- wait what's wrong?" He asked, his smile fading.

"Nothing's wrong." I laughed, wiping the tears. "I'm just happy."

"You scared me." He sighed, before intertwining his hand in mine. I leaned up and kissed his cheek before we walked through the parking lot to his car. Once we were in the car I plugged the AUX cord into my phone. I went to my main playlist and pressed the green shuffle button.

"You know how much I love you right?" Ethan suddenly asked me, as his hand was resting on my leg, my hand on top of his.

"How much?" I asked quietly, turning the volume down.

"More than I love anyone and anything else. More than driving in the middle of the night to show my best friend the stars. More than hanging out with my best friend. I love you a lot." He said, and I couldn't help but to melt at his words.

"Ethan... I love you too." I felt my cheeks heat up, as my fingers gently grazed against his hand. We drove for about forty-five minutes just singing along to the songs that played from my phone. I remember my birthday just last year. 

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Lexi, happy birthday to you!" I looked around me at Madisyn, Spencer, Tatum, & Nezza, who were all standing in Spencer's kitchen as I sat in front of a cake. I looked down at the seventeen candles that were placed into the frosting. 

I just want this year to be better. I want to be happy. 

I took a deep breath in before blowing out the tiny flames, getting some applause in return. Spencer grabbed a knife from the drawer and began to cut the cake. Tatum and Nezza got plates, spoons and ice cream. 

"So... what'd you wish for?" Madisyn asked me. I gave her a skeptical look. 

"I can't tell you. I want this one to come true." I said to her. 

"Lexi." Spencer said, and I turned to see him hand me a plate with cake and ice cream on it. 

"Happy Birthday gorgeous." He smiled, causing butterflies in my stomach and a smile to appear on my face. 

I must've spaced out because Ethan's voice broke me from my thoughts. 

"Babe. Your house or mine?" He asked, stopping at a stop sign.

"We can go to yours." I said, realizing how much time we spent at my house. We drove past the street that we would've turned on to go to my house. I hadn't noticed that Ethan's hand was on my thigh, but slightly higher than usual. I placed my hand on top of his, causing a small smirk to creep onto his face as he focused on the road, his jaw clenched. 

"You good over there?" I asked. 

"Yeah, I'm... great. Why do you ask?" He asked, his fingers slowly inching up my leg even more.

"No reason." I answer, feeling some tension in the car. He slowed the car down and pulled into the driveway, and only seconds later shut the car off. Grayson's car was nowhere in sight, but I just assumed he was at a party. We got out of the car and walked to the front door, Ethan intertwining our hands as we walked up the steps. He unlocked the door and we stepped inside the house that was practically silent, besides the furnace and some fans.  

We walked up the stairs and down the hallway to the room at the end. Ethan opened the door and once we were inside, locked the door. 

"What was that for?" I asked quietly. 

"So we're not interrupted." He answered, glancing from my eyes to my lips before his lips crashed onto mine. His hands were on my hips, pulling me as close to him as possible as we kissed. He led us over to his bed and laid me down, as he hovered above me. We continued making out and I tugged at the hem of his shirt, causing him to pull away and take it off, before he took mine off too. 

"God, you're so gorgeous." He said, as his eyes roamed my body. 

"But you're much hotter." I quietly responded, my hands on his chest, my fingers tiptoeing across his abs. 

"Don't lie to me." He smirked, before leaning down and kissing me, as my fingers found their way into his hair. His mouth moved down to my jaw and to my neck, where he was leaving multiple hickeys that would be very noticeable in the morning. 

Ethan unzipped my shorts and started to pull them down before he stopped and looked up at me. 

"What?" I asked, confused as to why he stopped. I sat up at the edge of the bed. He got up and walked over to his desk, where he opened a drawer and pulled out a small foil wrapper. He came back and sat next to me. 

"You sure you want to do this? We don't have to, we can wait if that's what you want." He said, as he tucked a strand of hair behind my ear. 

"I've never been more sure about something, Ethan." I quietly responded, as a smirk formed on his face. 

"Good. That's what I wanted to hear babygirl." He said in a low voice, his eyes darker than usual, in a way I'd never seen before...

---A/N---

oooh daddy e 

birthday ~shenanigans~ 

;) 

lex