Author's Note

This will certainly not be a normal author's note.  However, I have been thinking about a lot of things lately, and I figured that this would be something that people like you would understand best of all.  

Of course, if you're a Beatles fan like we all are, you know that this year was the fifty-year anniversary of the Beatles coming to America for the first time.  Besides this, many things happened in the sixties.  There was the Vietnam war the raged on, all of the marches and protests against it, along with the Civil Rights movement in the United States.  All of these things will have anniversaries in this decade.  

It makes me wonder if somehow that revolutionary spirit of the sixties will come back.  I know that there have been protests in the 2010's, but nothing like they were way back when.  However, as much as I (and I assume most of you) value peace and love, like our idols, I think there are many things in this world are protest-worthy.  Peacefully, of course.  

This, of course, is a bit of a quiet rant.  I bet you're thinking, Oh, what an annoying American.  A girl with stupid first-world problems.  If you want to stop reading you can.  I won't stop you.  

I just wish there was some way for those who still believe in peace to be heard.  It seems like the only way for your opinions to be heard in this world is if you're waging war or wishing hate on others.  I know that there are some ways; I just wish I had the courage to try by myself.  

And it's not as if I'd get very much help from around here.  Where I live, people with ideas and thoughts like mine are typically not looked upon fondly.  

I think that peace is something America needs to know a bit more about (Sorry if you are from America, even though I'm also bagging on myself because I am American).  Even though some exclaim, "I'M PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN!" with all their might, sometimes I feel ashamed about that.  The U.S. has done some pretty horrible things, and as much as I want to try and say that we should try to forgive and forget, it's impossible to forgive some of things we did, and I would be afraid if we forgot them.  Then we would forget the lessons we learned.  Or the ones we were supposed to learn, but never did.  

I've been thinking about John Lennon's Imagine a lot.  If only somehow we (that is, if you believe in what I'm saying) could find a way to change the world.  Though, John also wrote another song titled Revolution, saying that people who protest could become as bad as the people they want ousted.  

Maybe I'm arguing against my own arguement, though I figured you all would understand.

But, damn, do I wish for peace and acceptance on Earth.