Bandage

Hey everyone!

Sorry my updating schedule is so weird! Hopefully since I am no longer sick I'll be able to write more often (three or more times a week), but since I'm currently writing an original book of my own, I'll need to really, really squeeze everything in there. Also, I WILL be updating my one shots, soon. I hope....  :/

Anyways, on with the story.

Reaper's P.O.V.

   I was having a dream- one admittedly good one. I was in a forest, the sunlight streaming through the leaves as the sounds of rushing water in the distance. My brow furrowed in confusion. Where was I?

   I looked around, spinning in a complete circle before hearing something that startled me almost out of my bones. It was a laugh, clear and pure, resounding throughout the area I was in. I recognized it. It was Geno's. Even though I was extremely disoriented (I often am during dreams), I started to stumble in the direction of where it came from.

   It came again, from behind me this time. I turned, even more confused than the last time. finally, I saw him. He was standing right in front of me, and he was smiling. One of the few times I've ever seen him smile.

   A beautiful flower crown graced his head, scattering pedals around his shoulders and to the ground behind him and around him.

   "Come on, Reaper." he said, slightly exasperated, and grabbing my hand and dragging me over to a clearing. The sound of rushing water has gotten stronger and as he dragged me in the clearing, the sight of a very pretty river met my eyes.

   I smiled and turned to look at Geno. He was smiling back.

   That was the last thing I saw before everything went dim and I woke up in bed. A small smile still was present on my face as I stared up at the ceiling.

   Suddenly, I heard a door open and close. I got used to most sounds of the doors after repeatedly busting Papy for visiting Mettaton. I knew who's door it was; it was Geno's.

   That's weird, I thought.

   I silently got out of bed, my bare feet hitting the ground without a noise. I knew most of the creaks of this house, too, and I knew where to place my feet so that I couldn't make a sound.  I crept out of my room, slowly opening the door and not even bothering to close the door behind me, figuring that he was just going to get a drink of water. I couldn't have been more wrong.

   As I walked down the stairs, keeping to the inside of the floorboards, I heard the soft sound of crying. The kind of weeping you make when you don't want anyone to hear you but can't possibly keep in or silent. I knew that kind of crying way too well.

   My feet hit the carpeted floor as I rounded the corner to see a sight I never wanted to see again. It was Geno, tears pouring down his face with a knife in hand. Red streaks were going across his arms, the knife also stained in blood.

   A single tear trickled down my face. How could he ever do this to himself?

   Geno suddenly turned around and saw me. He made no move to hide the knife, a droplet of blood hitting the floor from his wrist.

   I opened my mouth to speak, but no words came out. It was like my voice didn't work, as if the shock and horror were choking me.

   "Why?" I finally managed out, unable to say anything else.