Chapter 5

The next morning was one of the hardest days in my life. I tried to eat that day, but the lump in my throat got in the way. I'm not gonna lie, I felt depressed. It also didn't get any better that the reason to it stood on my doorstep that very same day. "What are you doing here?" I asked blankly. "I came to apologise" Jade said quietly and stretched out her hands to hand me something. It was a heart made of chocolate. "Ow, listen Jade, you don't have to apologise. It's not something you can help" I said reassuringly taking the chocolate heart from her. For some reason Jade flinched at my words. "Can I please come in?" she asked carefully. "I don't think that's a good idea" I said shaking my head. I didn't want to talk to her right now. At all! But she insisted. "We can also go somewhere else if you want to. We can go to a nice forest to walk, or go shopping or something it's just because I want to talk to you and explain myself..." Jade mumbled, her voice going more silent at every word, almost mute by the last one. I shook my head."I just don't want to talk to you right now Jade" I said. "Please, you're the only one who still came to me since... I just don't want to lose that too" Jade pleaded. I sighed. "Please? You don't have to talk about it. We can alsof just have fun" I wanted to say no, tell her I never wanted to see her again, that I wanted her out of my life. But at last, I ended up agreeing with her. Jade's face lit up slightly. "Okay then. So... Where would you like to go?" she asked excitedly. I shrugged, not even close to her excitement. "I don't care. You decide" I said blankly. "How about the mall" Jade proposed. "Okay" I just said.

So we went to the mall anyway. It almost felt like old times, but at the same time it felt completely different. It was weird. "So? You wanted to talk?" I calmly said as we sat down on a bench at the mall. "Yes. I wanted to say that I'm really sorry I hurt you" Jade started. "I already told you, you can't help it. I'm not mad at you" I sighed. "But you are,or you were at least. And I want you to know that I tried I tried really hard to remember" She said truthfully. I looked up. "Ever since I woke up all I do is dissapoint people" she continued. "Everyone expects things from me, things I don't know about. And I've been trying you know. I've been trying so hard to remember the stories you tell me, recognise the pictures you showed me, but no matter how hard I concentrate, my stupid head stays empty" Jade sighed. "I'm sorry too" I said. I hadn't even thought about how Jade must've felt the past weeks. I suddenly felt so selfish. "Maybe I did try to hard. I guess I wanted you to be the same Jade as the one I knew before the accident. But this is you now. And it's time to leave the past behind us. It's the present that counts" I said looking at my shoes. It was hard to admit, but I wanted to be honest. "So can we try again then? Like as in new friends" Jade asked hopefully. I nodded. "Sounds good to me" I said, but my heart wasn't entirely in my words. I still wanted my Jade back, stubborn as it sounded. But I knew I'd adjust to new Jade eventually. We shopped a bit and had a good time, at least I think Jade did. And I was okay with that. Maybe I had been thinking too much about what I wanted. I promised to start over again with Jade. And I would.

Author's note
Hi people. Sorry this chapter was a little boring. But something good is gonna happen soon I promise. But I'm not going to spoil that yet. You will have to wait a little while.
Bye