014 | uncertainty

It has been two months, two long months since T'Challa became king. Over the course of those eight weeks, things had changed drastically.

Wakanda has become more efficient when it came to trade between the tribes, and the time management is exquisite. T'Challa is slowly, but surely proving himself as a good leader.

But the situation with Erik Killmonger was getting worse and worse as time went on. Just a few days prior, he had come out of hiding, and killed three people, in the span of a minute and a half.

He is on the loose in Wakanda, but T'Challa, the Dora Milaje, and the government still have het to find him.

It is causing a lot of stress, but it won't fall from anyone's shoulders until their nation is safe and secure.

hours later

"He's smart, but we might be able to get around his intelligence," T'Challa says as he scribbles on a sheet of paper to gather his thoughts. "We need five of the Dora Milaje to be at the most accessible places in Wakanda. For example, the borders of the tribes, the outside of Shuri's lab, and throughout the markets."

Nakia and Okoye stand on either side of him, trying to process what he's saying. They understand clearly, but they still have a doubt.

"What if he knows other ways to get into Wakanda, T'Challa? Tendai and I ran another scan on him through the database, and we think he knows this place," Nakia says as she fiddles with her fingers.

"Why do you say that?" Okoye questions. Her fist clenches and unclenches around her vibranium spear.

"He seems too familiar with it all. How did he automatically know where the borders are? How did he know where to hide? He knows his surroundings well enough to keep hidden from us," Nakia says.

T'Challa sucks in a deep breath. His face is stern and emotionless. He doesn't care how he got in, he just needs to get him out before he causes damage to his home and his people.

"We will figure it out. But, we need to hurry. Time is not on our side with this."

after the meeting

T'Challa huffs as he listens to his mother lecture him about Tendai.

"Let her help you. She is fit to be a queen," Ramonda tells T'Challa. He has just gotten back from his meeting with Nakia and Okoye, and it is very apparent in his eyes that he is tired.

"No," T'Challa shrugs. "How do you know that? Plus, I don't need her to stress. She already has enough on her plate."

"And you don't?" Ramonda asks. "She's here all the time, attempting to help you, but you push her away because you think you have it under control, and you do, but you still can have assistance at times."

T'Challa rolls his eyes, "Mama, I don't want to hear this."

Ramonda scoff at his negative attitude, "Well, you're going to. I told you, that you had a certain amount of time to find a queen, and it looks to me that you have. Now, treat her like one, and accept the help she is trying to give you. Quit being so stubborn."

T'Challa huffs, "I'm not stubborn."

Ramonda begins to walk away. She says over her shoulder, "Yes, you are!"

"Wait," T'Challa says. Ramonda stops in her tracks but doesn't turn around. "Doesn't a woman have to be married to the king in order to take the place of queen?"

A small smirk appears on Ramonda's face, "Looks like you know what you need to do soon."

She swiftly exits the room, which leaves him alone to contemplate on what he is going to do.
______________________________________