Road trip, motels and fun

Denny's P.O.V

Riley and I had been driving for about five hours, it was now coming up to 6  pm...windows open, music blaring and Riley singing at the top of her lungs. She was a terrible singer but I left her too it cause it was pretty cute watching her. We had no clue where we were going, no destination in mind and only stopped to grab food. The journey had been spent laughing, flirting and messing around. If I am being honest with you, can't remember the last time I had this much fun with a girl. Actually that's a lie, the last girl I had fun like this with was my ex...the love of my life...the one that ended up breaking my heart and destroyed the person I once was...the good heart willing to love that I used to have...hence the way I act with females now but let's not get into that shit right now.

I turned around for a moment to watch Riley and I could not help but smile. Her hands were in the air, her head was back and she was singing loudly, think the cars driving by could hear her.

"You are such a dork." I laughed

"And? Rather a dork than an asshole." she said sticking her tongue out at me

"What you saying I am an asshole?" I pouted

"Sometimes yes." She giggled "any idea where we are going?" she added

"I have no clue. I seen a sign for a motel...think it says 8 miles away fancy it?" I asked

"Yeah sure why not." She smiled brightly

I nodded turning my attention back to the road, though not gonna lie I was still watching her out the corner of my eye. She seemed different today...she seemed more free which was surprising to me after everything that happened last night. I was still beyond angry about that to the extent of I think if I ever see that scumbag again I will do serious damage...he better stay out of my way. I hated myself a little too for not being there to stop it sooner, stop it before any damage was done to her. All of a sudden Riley's hand landed on my thigh, making me look at her and it was like she sensed something was wrong.

"Denny don't let last night ruin this." She said giving me a small smile

"I am trying, sorry." I sighed

"I know." She smiled before turning away from me again, getting back to her terrible singing, making me chuckle.

I decided to do what she asked me and not let it ruin tonight. I decided I would join in with her singing...my singing as bad as hers. She looked at me, giggling. We drove the last 8 miles before pulling up outside the motel, thankfully it had vacancies. Even better it had a bar and grill across the road...drink and food, something we are both in need of. I climbed out the car, running around to get Riley's door for her, making her raise her brow at me.

"What? I can be a gentleman." I chuckled

"What you after?" she laughed

"Nothing. It is called being nice, you should try it sometime." I chuckled

"Hey! That was mean." She pouted before climbing out the car, swatting me on the back of the head.

I shook my head, laughing before following her lead to the reception area. We booked in, paying for the room between us even though I told her not to bother but she insisted...stubborn girl. The room was nothing special but it had a bed, a TV and a bathroom with a shower, would do for one night. As soon as we arrived in the room, Riley through herself down on the bed, sprawling out and sighing.

"Don't get too comfy we are heading out to grab food and drink." I said, standing at the bottom of the bed

"I know, I know. Give me five minutes dude." She said rolling her eyes