Life Changing

*** Six Months Later ***

Riley's P.O.V

Summer had come around, my first year of college over and it had been an amazing first year. Denny and I, still going strong, been that way since that night we said I love you. We spent a lot of time together but for right now I was back home...Denny away on a lad's holiday for ten days, back in a couple of days. As I lay in my bed, there was one thing that could change it all...the stick in my hand that reads the word Pregnant 6-8 weeks. I had been laying here staring at it for the last hour, hoping it was wrong but the other three tests next to me told me it was all real...I was pregnant. My emotions all over the place, not knowing what to think or do about it all. How did this happen? Well obviously I knew how it happened but I always took my birth control pill, I am guessing its right when they say no contraceptive is 100% safe. How was I gonna tell Denny this? We aren't ready for this, we have not even been together a year. What if he hates me for it? Runs away from me? I am not sure either of us are ready for this. With those thoughts the tears started falling from my eyes. I needed to go see Chloe but I couldn't move, still in shock from what I found out.

"Riley did you not hear me?" I heard my mom said annoyed at the bottom of my bed

Shit! How long has she been there? She looked at my bed, seeing the pregnancy tests before her eyes fell back on me, glaring at me, a look of utter disappointment in her eyes

"What the hell is that? How stupid can you be?" she hissed

"Excuse me?" I said jumping to my feet, hissing at her

"Pregnant? Why would you do this? Are you trying to ruin your damn life?" she growled

"It is not like I done it on purpose." I said shaking my head

"Get an appointment right now. I will give you the money to get rid of it. I am not letting you ruin your life, ruin everything your father and I gave you for a damn baby." She said, her voice full of anger.

Did she just tell me to abort my child? What sort of mother does that? Everything her and my father gave me, they gave me nothing except money for college. With her words my anger soon came to the surface

"Get rid of it? I am not getting rid of my baby cause you tell me to mother. I am not a child. Everything you gave me? You have gave me nothing but a reminder I was nothing but a mistake. You have never been there for me...either of you. What sort of mother doesn't visit their own child when they are battling with mental health in a hospital for months? Who tells someone who has an eating disorder they could do with losing a few pounds? You and dad have been nothing but cruel to me from day one." I hissed, tears falling, the first time I have ever said anything like this to her.

"You want to keep that thing, you can no longer live in this house. If you wanna ruin your life with a mistake go right ahead. You have a couple of days to get out of this house if you are keeping the baby." She hissed, walking away from me, storming out my room

She is throwing me out cause I gave decided I don't wanna kill my baby? What sort of mother does that? Let's face it, she is not a mother, not one bit. I fell to the ground, breaking down. This cannot be happening. Where am I meant to go? I sat on my floor sobbing, trying to work out what I was gonna do and the first person that came to mind was Jean...she had been amazing with me since the day we met and we were very close, she treated me as more than Denny's girlfriend. I grabbed a bag, packing a few things to do me for a few days until I sort something else out, grabbing my car keys and rushing out the door, not saying a single word to my parents. I sat in the car for a little while, calming myself down before I even thought about starting to drive the very long drive to get to Denny's house.