17 | truth

Everyone came early in the morning, fast as they could. Before our quirk-extend-activity, we need to fill our empty tummies. All pupils in the class had already cook this week, now it was my turn. Forcing a smile, I prepared myself. I'm not the best chef but I'll try my best! "Do you need help, babe?", I heard shouto asking behind me. He called me babe in front of our class, what was a huge step forward. Shouto never showed his love for me in public. But now he suddenly does. It's not that I didn't like it or something, but it surprised me a bit. I went behind the counter and Shouto followed me.

Taking all the ingredients I need, I made a simple dish for breakfast; omelets and toasts. Shouto watched every movement of mine. He giggled when I broke the egg next to the pan, instead of in it. My clumsiness was overload today. I took a knife and cut the bread. "Be careful", Shouto warned me.

A sudden pain hurt my finger. "see you hurt yourself!", Shouto took my finger and pressed on it. It was just a small wound, nothing to worry about actually. "I'm fine, I'm fine..", I repeated but Shouto still didn't let go of me. He gently grasped my hand and gave my finger-cut a small peck. Using his quirk, Shouto blowed cold air on my finger. When it finally stopped bleeding he put a band-aid and ended the treatment. My cheeks flushed pink, I thanked him.

"Food is ready!", I informed the rest. One for one they took a dish. When the tables got filled, the teachers came to sit by us. "Just like momo said, We tried to put the people with the quirks that have almost the same ability together.", sir Aizawa explained.

"The groups are the following: ..
Emitter-team 1 with Bakugou, Kirishima, Uraraka and Aoyama.
Emitter-team 2 with Momo, Sero, Mineta and Miya.
Mutant-team with Jirou, Ojiro and Hagakure.
Hybrid-team with Shouto, Tokoyami and [y/n]
Transformation-team with Usui, Midoriya, Denki and Iida
And the last team with shoji, koda and sato.", our teacher read his paper while Miss Midnight handed out other papers.

Every team got another address. Each address is a centrum were people -mostly on the younger side- come to improve their strengths with specialists and learn how to apply new techniques. My team, the hybrid team, is the place for people with multiple quirks. Having more quirks can be troublesome. Utilizing one quirk is even hard, than two or more quirks is sure not an easy job. The reason why Tokoyami is also in our group is because hybrid-quirks can add new features to the body altogether, just like his quirk. He really is a cool guy.

[time skip to after tidying up the kitchen]

I made my backpack and got ready, waiting for the other two. The elevator grinded to a halt. Shouto and Tokoyami came out, they were also ready so we left. At the train station we saw the other groups too. But they went another direction than us. "Good luck!", Uraraka quickly wished me before she went in the train. When we arrived at our destination, I noticed this place was familiar. As soon as we got in, we saw very different people doing very different actions.

"Welcome!", a professor greeted us. It was that weirdo again. "You took my advice and came!", he said to me. Taking his walky talky, he informed his colleague. Of course we were not the only people in the centrum. There were children and older people too. But they were divided in other groups than ours.

The mentors lead us to an open area, surrounded with walls. "You see that?", Tokoyami asked me while he pointed at a camera. It was not clear if they tried to hide it or not, but you could obviously see cameras placed on the walls. I hope they are for the following-system purpose, just like they did with me. Lastly the mentors gave us special training suits. If we were ready changing we must meet again at the start point afterwards.