Chapter Four

Your first night with your new husband was uncomfortable. After dressing in some night clothes you found in his closet you slowly and shyly made your way out to the bedroom. You found Kylo once again sitting up in bed on his tablet just as you left him, not paying any attention to you or your loose, comfy, grey clothing. You expected him to reprimand you and, even though he had told you the opposite, you really thought he was going to try and touch you.

But as you stood there just waiting for his command you found that he said nothing, didn't even so much as look at you. You didn't know what he expected of you after you embarrassed yourself in front of him and you didn't want to find yourself dead should you disappoint him again.

"Quit standing there like an idiot and find a place to sleep." He said, his eyes still stuck to his tablet. In a nervous gesture you began rubbing your hands together, thinking carefully on his words. He had told you specifically to find a place to sleep, he didn't tell you to sleep in bed with him. "You mean...Find somewhere to sleep?" You were babbling like the idiot Kylo accused you of being, cringing as you realized it. "Like anywhere?"

"Just find somewhere where you feel comfortable sleeping and leave me alone." He bit at you, once again causing your cheeks to redden in embarrassment. You were bothering him, he wanted you to shut up and leave him alone. You turned sharply on your heel and made a beeline for the door, ready to spend your night on the couch you had seen when you first came to your new living quarters. The door closed loudly behind you and you stomped your way down the stairs, failing to remember to grab a pillow or a blanket for your first night in your new home.

You collapsed on the couch and stretched out, finally feeling safe and sound all by yourself in the dark room. Closing your eyes you let out a heavy sigh, chuckling just a bit right afterword as you felt your nerves come to a calm. Your wedding night absolutely did not go the way you had expected it to, in fact it had gone so far left even you could not have predicted it. The terrifying ceremony, the lack of the kiss, the reaction to you in your underwear, and now your first night. You giggled once more, this was terrific. You snuggled down, getting a little more comfortable on what was technically now your couch. It seemed as if Kylo wasn't even interested in you, a much better outcome than what you were expecting. As far as you were concerned if Kylo wanted next to nothing to do with you then you wouldn't want or need anything to do with him. You smiled as you realized it would be like living in the small room again, like living alone in your bedroom at home.

Without Kylo Ren you'd be alone, exactly how you wanted it to be from the very beginning.

Days turned into weeks, weeks turned into months, and before you knew it you had spent 8 months with your husband. 8 whole months of solitude, cohabiting with a man you once thought to be monstrous but was actually quite soft spoken, reserved, and aloof. You turned into the same thing, you kept to yourself and out of his way, stayed quiet and stayed in the background of his life just as you assumed he wanted. In turn, he left you alone. He never asked you for anything and never told you to do anything for him. You existed soundly together, and that's all you could have asked for.

Your routine was basically the same as it was in the smaller room you were housed in; you exercised and did yoga as often as you could, before and after each meal. There really wasn't much else to do, Kylo had no books and no computer like the richer people from your home planet had--which you found to be odd. The sheer size of his quarters told you he had money, he was the head of the First Order but had almost nothing of value in his home. You had explored it head to toe on your third day, two rooms and a bathroom upstairs and a dining room, kitchen, and living area downstairs. The first room upstairs was the bedroom, obviously. The second seemed to just be a lounge room, a room with a plush red couch along with two other lounge chairs with a coffee table in the middle. It was strange, but you had come to know Kylo as a strange, secretive man.