Chapter Eleven

The minutes ticked by as you and your husband lay side by side, his arm tucked underneath of you as your head rested right on top of his shoulder. You knew that his arm would have been falling asleep by now, beyond the point of uncomfortable numbness, but obviously he didn't care. You loved the closeness, the intimacy, and the newly discovered love that the two of you were sharing there in silence, something that neither Teal not Joe could have given you.

After Kylo confessed his love to you the two of you sat there in the bathroom, you were in awe of his tale of how he came to love you and about how he loved you even when he knew you were up to no good. You thought about what your walk around Star Killer base would have been like, what seeing his TIE Silencer would have been like. He loved you enough that he was ready to share more of his life with you, but you were off doing other things. Ultimately you felt terrible about the fact that Hux was bullying him over his love for you. By then Kylo had made up his mind that he wanted you for good, but Hux couldn't accept that and tried to bully Kylo back into his position as his lover. It broke your heart, and your childish actions to seek revenge did nothing but make you feel even worse; You had basically contributed just as much to Kylo's pain despair over the past few days as Hux had.

You had spent most of the day alone. When Kylo said it was time for him to return to work you had decided to exit the bathtub right after he made the decision. He wasn't even out of the bathroom before you stood, looking down at your own body as the water droplets cascaded down your smooth skin. You knew that Kylo could have seen every inch of your body, but at this point why did it matter? Yesterday you were willing to bare it all to the entire storm trooper fleet and you had let two men have you raw, so what if another person, who had admitted to loving, you saw your body? He was your husband after all. He deserved to see you more than the two other men did, in your opinion.

Kylo was opening the door when he looked over his right shoulder and saw you stepping out of the tub. You were looking at him unashamed, waiting for his eyes to roam all over your body as if you were looking for a reason to dislike him after the mornings events. But as his honey brown eyes bore into yours longingly, you just found yourself falling more and more for him. He never looked down the length of your body, he looked at your face and nothing else. You smiled humbly, it was true, he loved you for you.

You tried to step aside of him and grasp a towel hanging from the towel rack, but he didn't budge. Instead he reached to his left and pulled a towel off of the rack for you. You watched as he turned toward you, holding the towel up in front of your body. In one swooping motion he threw the towel above your head and let it fall down behind you, you shivered as you took in every second of the loving action. With a smile on your face you lifted your arms for him to bring the towel back around you, the look on his face conveyed the idea of trying to hold back his emotions by being emotionless. Looking down at your sternum he folded the towel into itself then tucked the edge into it, the feeling of his bare fingers on your skin giving you goosebumps in a way that made you squirm against him. As he finished tying the towel he lifted his eyes to you, it seemed as if he wanted to smile but was holding back for whatever reason. You were kinda sad, after already showing everything you had to Kylo he still wouldn't drop all of his walls for you. But what did it matter? You were certain that, even if you weren't hurt by his actions anymore, Kylo might still be hurt by yours. You'd have a lot of making up to do for him to truly open up to you.

"Thanks." You whispered, suppressing the need to reach out and hug him. Out of all the times you had been naked with someone else in the bathroom no one took the time to wrap you in a towel. Such a minute action that you could have performed by yourself had put such a huge smile on your face, it was such a great feeling and you wish it would never have ended.

Once again you turned to leave, as good as you were feeling with your husband you figured you couldn't just hang around in a towel all day, you were getting cold and Kylo had said he needed to go back to work. You made the first move to leave, but just as Kylo surprised you with toweling you, he surprised you upon leaving as well.