chapter 1

>>If you can hear me now
I'm reachin' out to let you know
That you're not alone

And you can't tell, I'm scared as hell
'Cause I can't get you on the telephone<<

______

- ASAHI??

- Who is this?

- I need your help!

- Uhh... who are you?

- RYU! TANAKA! Karasuno!!! - Asahi needed a few moments to remember his ex teammate.

- You have my phone number? We haven't talked since...

- High school. I KNOW. But, you have a job in Chiba, right? In the same place you have had since we were third years and we met for a New Year party? - Tanaka was speaking so fast that Asahi had trouble to keep up with him.

- Yeah... I think. The small shop...

- Perfect! Please, do me a favor... You have to go and take a look on Noya! PLEASE! - He was devastated.

- Nishinoya? Why?

- He is in college there in Chiba, he went through some serious shit, and now I can't get him on the telephone... I know something is wrong, and I don't know anyone else who is near him, please!

- Uhh... Okay...

- I am sending you his address right now! Please HURRY!

------

The collage seemed like the real Haven for him, he loved the first year of it, he found friends, he was in a volleyball team, and he had a huge crush on Kenichi, who was a tall, second year setter with blonde hair and blue eyes, and he was the only one who could make Nishinoya so happy, that he could forget the world. Nishinoya liked every little detail on him, his long eyelashes, his dimple, which was spotted  only on one side of his cheeks when he smiled, he even liked the little scar on his hand where he injured himself while skateboarding in the first month of the college.

When Nishinoya was in second year he was invited to Leyla's birthday party, a third year basketball player and Kenichis twin sister.
He went, because he was hoping to meet the setter, but for hours he didn't even show up, and when Noya found him he was "busy" and the boy didn't want to bother him, so he went back to the kitchen, and started to play beer pong whit teammates.

- OOO, Noya is hhereee! I was looking for you little man - Kenichi shouted across the room when he caught the glance of his friend a few hours later.
The libero forgot everything he was doing and ran to him, he couldn't even bother to notice others complaining about it.
It was three am already, but the crowd didn't seemed to be getting smaller any time soon, and it was quite a trouble to get through so many people with the height he had.
- Kenichiii! - Nishinoya hugged the setter when he finally came to him.
- Hoho, you're really touchy today - the blond one answered in a flirty tone.
- What are you talking about? I am always like this - his heart was pounding so hard, that he thought the other one could hear it through the music, and the fact that he was definitely not sober wasn't helping at all.
- I think the fifth beer makes you like this.
- Look who is talking! I have seen you drinking shoots whit Aya-chan~
Kenichi have bent a little so he could hear the libero better.
- I wasn't just drinking whit her...

Noya couldn't think straight anymore, they were close, so close that he could smell the shampoo the bigger guy had used, even the perfume Aya was wearing tonight still lingering to the setter. Nishinoya's was so flustered because of the warmth coming from Kenichi's skin, after all they were just few centimers apart...

His cheeks blushed, his eyes had a drunken light in them, and then he did it... just a little move and their lips met. How many times did he fantasised about this moment? He imagined everything, every little move, the taste of the other guy's lips, how he would return the kiss, the small touches they would exchange... but the reality was nothing like in the fantasies.
There was a bitter taste of whiskey and smoke, that the menthol gum couldn't cover, but  nothing was more disappointing than the strong push he received after a few seconds.