chapter 14

>>If you ask me how I am doin'
I would say I'm doin' just fine
I would lie and say that you're not on my mind
But I go out
And I sit down
At a table set for two
And finally I'm forced to face the truth
No matter what I say
I'm, not over you  <<

- I swear if you leave this house I will hunt you down!
Asahi froze whit his hand on the door handle. He was sure he didn't make any noise so there was no reason that the man caught him.
- How did you...?
Daichi didn't let him finish the question.
- The party starts in an hour, I was sure you will chicken out and try to escape. Now get yourself together and do something to actually look like you are a decent human being.
Asahi was afraid of his friend when he got angry since he knew him, but now the situation was scarier.
It was 13th June, and that means Suga's twenty-second birthday. Bad enough, he wanted to celebrate it in Karasuno, so Asahi and Mimi have to travel here (the memories got Asahi all sentimental and turned him in an emotional mess), but Daichi had to organize a birthday party, where he invited every, that means EVERY single teammate from high school. Including Nishinoya. Asahi couldn't even leave the party early, because since his family wasn't in the town anymore he was staying in Daichi and Suga's little house. It had only a relatively big living room from where you can get to a kitchen through a corridor, a small bathroom without a lock, and two rooms, one for Daichi and one for Suga, but right now they were both sleeping in Suga's, so Mimi and Asahi could stay in the other room. No place to hide from a furious libero.
They didn't meet since Nishinoya's volleyball game, and even that was nearly a month ago. There is no way the party like this was a good idea whit both of them there and the feelings the spiker still couldn't get under control.
- Daichi, please... - he tried to pledge, but the volleyball couch wasn't softhearted enough for this.
- Asahi! It is Suga's birthday. You know the one who always helped you when you needed? So don't be so ungrateful and act like a grown up man for once and deal whit your emotions.
- I will try – Asahi mumbled to himself defeated.
He didn't want to met Noya again, it will just hurt, but Suga didn't deserve a coward friend who would miss his birthday.
The brunette man went back to his room like a scolded puppy, where he found his housemate lying on their bed with a manga in her hand. She went through some changes in a past month. She wasn't that scary skinny, still slim, but she looked healthier, and she cut her hair to the shorter than shoulder length and Satsuki dyed few of her locks to dark blue, which matched her pale skin perfectly.
- Nervous? – She smiled when noticed him entering.
- Little... - he looked away ashamed as he corrected himself – A lot.
- I understand, but hey, just try to avoid him. Tanaka and I will help you – she and the libero's best friend talked quite lot after the game, but it was mostly Tanaka who send her some crazy pick up line nearly every day and Mimi just shake it off with some sarcastic answer, but it looked like it amused her too.
Mimi jumped off the bed.
– And now we will make a handsome god out of you for the party. Where is the mirror?
The man looked on her whit disbelief and a little even intimidated.
- Have you looked at me lately? I'm a mess. I don't need a mirror to know it.
The girl had to admit it was true, but he wouldn't say it out loud, and it was nothing irreparable. Yeah, Asahi was a little unshaven and ruffled, but those weren't his best days so she didn't blame him.
- Just shave yourself, shower, I will choose your clothes until you are done and then I will do something whit your hair.
- What hairdo would bring out the wave of insecurity in my eyes? – Asahi played whit his locks as he imitated those girls, who he saw in the television, all hyped up about their hairs. He didn't though anyone would really act like this in real life.
The black haired girl dropped the shirt she had in her hands, even forgot to breath for a few seconds.
- Asahi? Did you just sass me? – Mimi asked whit serious voice.
- Ugh... Maybe – Asahi was back in his anxious self really quickly, regretting to be so disrespectful whit her, while she only wanted to help
- Oh my god, Asahi, you are evolving! – She laughed loudly – I never thought you are capable to be saucy!