chapter 9

>> Hey, slow it down
What do you want from me?
Yeah, I'm afraid
What do you want from me?

There might have been a time
I would give myself away
(Ooh) Once upon a time
I didn't give a damn
But now here we are
So what do you want from me?
......

.....
Yeah, it's plain to see
that baby you're beautiful
And there's nothing wrong with you
It's me ' I'm a freak
but thanks for lovin' me
'Cause you're doing it perfectly <<

Nishinoya looked over Asahi's shoulder; his hair tickled the giant's face.
- Asahi! You are amazing! – His voice was full of pure admiration.
The spiker was cooking them dinner in the small hole, so called Nishinoya's kitchen. Maybe it wasn't too small for the libero, but for Asahi it was difficult to work there even when he was alone, always had to look out to not bang his head in one of the shelves that were ridiculously low, but when Nishinoya was standing behind him he can't even turn around without knocking out something. Unfortunately the small guy loved watching him while preparing food, so they had an agreement. He could observe, but he must have sit in the small table next to the sink, under the only shelf in normal height. The libero was now kneeling on the table and leaning through to Asahi in order to see what he was doing, whit one hand balancing himself on his back.
- Noya, I am literally doing rice with vegetables, we bought the fish in the supermarket.
- I know... but it is amazing. I can't do it!
Nishinoya was a bad cook, there was no doubt about it, and the best proof for it was the huge amount of food boxes as a sad memento for the take-outs and junk food he get himself every day.
- Maybe if you would have eaten a little healthier you wouldn't be so small – Asahi smiled as he teased him kindly.
- I am not even that small! – The other one protested – I just have a petite character design.
- Shorty, give me the salt please – the bearded asked pointing to the shelf above his friend.
- No! I am not tall enough! – He acted huffy, but he can't suppress his smile.
Asahi sighted, but he leaned across him. That was a moment, when Nishinoya realized he made a mistake. The other ones chest and neck get too close to him, he could smell the little bitter but nice aftershave the spiker used this morning, and he saw the vessel on his neck under the soft skin. The strong arm reached across the air near to his face, he could feel the heat coming from the body as the muscles slightly brushed his face. There was a really big temptation to press his face to the well-built chest and just listen to the heart beating in it.
The moment was over too fast.
- Nishinoya? Are you alright? – Asahi just now realized the strange expression on his former teammate's face – Have I done something wrong?
- N-No, I am fi-fine – he stuttered while trying to hide the blush on his face.
For once he had luck, and a buzzing phone saved him from explaining his strange behavior.
The older one looked on his mobile.
- I forgot to ask! – He yelled with surprise – In Friday Matsuko, you know, the middle-blocker with long black hair from neighborhood team have a birthday and they want to know if you would come with us to celebrate?
- That's tomorrow. You want me to come? – Nishinoya was a bit unsure about his answer. He would love to go and spend a night with the volleyball players and Asahi, but he didn't drink alcohol since the Kenichi thing.
- I think at least my evening would be a lot better with you there – Asahi's smile was for just a moment a little confident but then it was more something like hope what the libero could read out from it.
- You can count on me! – A big grin appeared on his face.

-----

Later that night Asahi was cleaning the kitchen in his own home, while Mimi was sitting in the living room whit her books, trying to catch up with her studies.
- Asahi? You will bring your mysterious friend to Matsuko's birthday?
- Ohm, I think yes, do you want to go? I could call it off – he asked anxious for being in the way of her amusement.
- No, not really, but when do you plan to finally tell him about me? I know, it's hard because I am a part of the Hino story – she didn't even look up from the exercise book in her lap.
- If he asks I will tell I think, it just doesn't come up – the guy said after a little consideration.
- Have you just said that in more than two months he never asked about, I don't know, your life? Where you live? About your friends? Or anything else related to you? – Now she looked on her housemate with true shock.
- No, not really...
- You don't talk about personal stuffs? – It was a last try make it look a little less selfish from the "friend".
- We talked about his, and once I told him about my parent's divorce...
- Asahi! That's awful!
- No, no, it's fine...
- I don't like how it sounds... You lied to me and you kept secrets because of him, he is clearly not interested in your life while you are all head over heels for him, doing everything just to spend time with him, and you told me that you shouldn't fall in love with him! Are you sure it is not him, who takes advantage of the situation?
- Please, stop talking about him like this! – It looked like Asahi, first time in all these years, started to lose his temper against her.
- See? You changed because of him. I just don't want you to get hurt! You are my family.
- I am sorry, I know... He is just really special, and he is really kind, just hard time...
- That's enough! I will introduce you to someone you could actually try to date!
- I am not interested - even the thought was ridiculous that he could start to spend time with someone else.
- Give it a try; I will invite my friends on Saturday. Anyway it is already time for you to meet them.