Chapter 5

Do you guys like the new cover?

Enjoy!!

////////////////////////////////////////////

"So, princess. Are you going to tell me where we're going or am I going to have to keep guessing until we arrive?" Rouge nagged, walking a little ways behind. I rolled my eyes and huffed in annoyance. Such a pirate.

Chopper grumbled something that I couldn't decipher which made Rouge kick him in the side. The droid just giggled as Rouge glared down at him.

"What did he say?" I asked out of curiosity.

"N-Nothing," the pirate stuttered and blushed a little. I raised an eyebrow. I never seen him so rattled up like this before. I shrugged and kept walking towards the bar. While walking, I wondered what was wrong with Rouge and what Chopper said to make him react like that? I let it slide as a 'pirate's thing' and kept going until entering the bar.

The burning smell of alcohol hit my nostrils. My eyes adjusted to the dim lighting as the three of us walked over to a table.

"So, who are we looking for?" Rouge asked, looking around.

"I don't exactly know," I responded.

"Well," he continued, "I hope it's not that drunk guy that keeps eyeing you."

I held back the urge to turn and see if there really was some man staring me down. There was no way that it would end well if I even were to glance.

   "I wonder who we're going to meet?" I questioned, changing the subject. Rouge raised an eyebrow with an intriguing look in his eyes. I returned it with a glare saying, "Say one stupid thing then I'll personally push you out of the airlock in flight."

Rouge held his hands up in surrender and smirked. Chopper warbled something then rolled off somewhere. I wish I could do that too. After a couple of minutes, I could tell Rouge was getting bored.

"So what's your mission anyway?," he asked.

"That information is classified," I responded, leaning back and crossing my arms.

"Or," he offered, "there's more to it that you're not telling me."

I was glad that I knew how to hide my emotions or else he may discovered the nervousness swelling up inside of me. I kept my face blank then got up to get a water. Suddenly, my wrist was grabbed and yanked back to be met face to face with a drunk man.

   "My my, what's a pretty thing like you doing here," the man grinned, his alcoholic breath burning my nostrils.

   "Let go of me," I said, teeth clenched and trying to make him let go.

   "Aren't you a feisty one," the man smirked wider and caressed my cheek with his finger. A shiver ran down my spin from being creeped out. I slapped his hand away and tried to pull away again. He frowned which quickly turned into a smirk and kept his hold on my wrist firm.

   "Hey," I turned at the familiar voice of Rouge. He stood in front of us with arms crossed and glaring at the man.

   "You heard the lady. Let go," Rouge demanded.

   "Oh yeah, boy. Whatcha gonna do? Run home to mommy and tell her a big, bad man is being mean to your girlfriend," the man joked.

   "I am not his girlfriend!" I spat.

   Some people who were in hearing range giggled and snorted. Rouge kept his eyes on the guy holding me.

   "You'll be doing that after I'm done with you," Rouge spoke calmly. The man bellowed with laughter. I was startled when the man suddenly stopped laughing and replaced with a loud crack. Quickly, I yanked my wrist from his grip. Rouge shook his hand in pain after punching the guy in the nose.

   "Let's go," I ordered and we ran out the door. The guy's friends began to chase us down the streets of Lothal until cornering us at a dead end. We were backed up to the wall as the drunks walked towards us slowly with giant smirks and occasional giggling.

   "Any ideas?" I asked Rouge.

   "Nope," he replied.

   "Great," I muttered.

"Do you got any?" He asked. I wanted to so badly face-palm myself.

"If I did then why would I be asking you," I spat in annoyance, rolling my eyes. He shrugged, unknowingly before slightly reaching down to grab something but hesitated.

Yep, this is how all rebels want to go out. Surrounded by drunks with an idiotic pirate by their side. Just...peachy.

   "She'll be worth a pretty penny," one slurred and I shivered at the thought of being sold like an object. Like a...slave. Yet, I wasn't going to show my fear instead glared daggers at him, teeth clenched.

"He'll be worth a lot, too," another hooted.

I wanted to grab my gun and fire at them but that would be stupid since they also have weapons. Yet, they were drunk...

I shook the idea out of my head thinking it was a bad plan. There was a good probability that we would get hit whether they were drunk or not. And I don't need to know the odds are slim without injury.

As my mind tried to process a plan, one of the men stood in front of me. I looked up to see a wide-toothy grin settled on his face.

"Mind if I take your girl for a spin?" The man asked Rouge but kept an eye on me. I didn't look away but wondered what Rouge's reaction would look like. I could hear grunting noises from beside me and turned to see he was held against the wall. My attention was brought back to the man.

He reached out to grasp my face. I turned and closed my eyes tightly, waiting for a cold hand to grab my face.

It never came.

There were a bunch of grunting noises and blaster fire which made me snap my eyes open. A large, hooded figure stood tall and held the man in the air by the back of his shirt. The man struggled to get out of the grasp until the figure punch the guy out cold.

I looked up with amazement when seeing the group of men laying on the ground barely conscious. A tall figure wearing a cloak stood in front of us. His big purple hands clutched the drunk guy's jacket, claws digging into his skin.

   "You drunken idiots make me sick," the figure gruffly spoke with a sort of accent.

   "You betta scram before I do something you'll regret later."

   The drunk quickly nodded, scared for his life, and scampered out of the ally as fast as he could. I turned the see Rouge, sitting on the ground, with wide eyes trying to process what just happened. I lent him a hand and he took it. He stood and dusted himself off.

   I turned back to the figure and said, "Thank you for saving us."

   The figure huffed and said, "Karabast, you kids betta have a bloody good reason to be messing around at a bar."

   I was about to explain myself when a familiar warbling interrupted. Chopper.

   "How many screws did you lose this time?" Rouge barked, "Where were you?"

   Chopper said something about saving our butts from drunkies. Rouge glared down at the droid and folded his arms around his chest.

   Chopper ignored Rouge and warbled something to me that I couldn't understand.

   "What did he say?" I asked Rouge.

   "You know him?" Rouge said, confused. Chopper whirled as though it was correct.

   I turned to the figure and asked, "Who are you?"

   The figure seemed unsure but Chop gave him an okay. He pulled down his hood to reveal an old-looking Lasat. He crossed his arms and proudly stood tall.

   "My name is Garazeb. Garazeb Orrelios but you can just call me Zeb."

////////////////////////////////////////////

Stay tuned and adios!!!!😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁