Two bonds or one?

There were a handful of silent moments until everybody headed inside. The planet now coated in a calming darkness. Red and Blue wished their friends goodnight as they walked to the hangers to meet with Allura.

She smiled brightly as they walked in. Waiting for them to settle before she began. "Lance you asked earlier if I wore a band? And Keith, you sensed Lances distress from a great distance with an unfinished bond." Allura tapped at her chin thoughtfully. Jewel eyes fixed on the violet and ocean blue ones before her.

A~ this might be two separate things but perhaps...

"Perhaps what?" Lance asked pausing halfway up blues paw.

"What?" She said.

"You said it might be two separate things but perhaps." he drew out the ending s. "you didn't finish your statement." He grunted pulling himself up watching as she and Keith both eyed him down.

"Lance she didn't say anything."

"I think Lance is just progressing a lot faster with the bond than we originally thought." Allura laughed easing away some of the tension.

"What do you mean?" Keith asked.

"Simple. The blue lion picks it's Paladin based on loyalty, compassion, and above all else the balance they provide the team with. In fact the Blue lion is often referred to as the heart of Voltron for this reason. Lance keeps the team together." Coran appeared from nowhere his eyes bright with pride. Keith jumped a bit from the sudden statement. The others remaining virtually still. "And if you don't mind me asking, Lance where did you get that mark?"

Lance let his jaw drop. "mark?"

"Oh, now I see it! The one on your shoulder blade." the princess momentarily slid off topic pointing to the reflexion in blues eyes. There it was almost looking like a delicate tattoo inked into his tan skin. An oddly slanted crescent moon with a single birthmark in the center it almost glowed a faint silver in the light.

"I've never seen that before!"

"Hold on! what about the fact that I sensed Lances fear when the others were just as far as I was?" Keith pouted.

"That my boy might be a different bond. Or you two are just closer to each other than you thought."

Allura continued thinking before a sly smile crept onto her face. "Keith I must ask you to walk with me in a moment, but first, Lance?"

His ears perked up and he humed a response. "You should sleep."

"But, But!" his slender hands gestured to the glowing mark before he slumped over. "Yeah, I will. Thank you princess." The response was tied off with a yawn. His big blue eyes watering and his nose scrunched up.

"You did well today. I'm very happy with how far you have progressed." She paced to the door motioning for Keith follow. "You have feelings for him." she stated with a giggle as they entered the hall.

His face grew red as he tried to play it off, "What? No! On Lance? Pfhhht."

"I can tell. You need not lie here. But I must see something." Faster than he thought capable, Allura spun him around tugging the collar of his shirt down. Upon his opposite shoulder sat the exact same mark. Glowing this time a light lilac shade.

"You marked him." she whispered releasing him.

"I What?" He grunted rolling his neck to alleviate the new soreness.

"Lance. You have the same mark. I'm guessing that's why your bond is stronger. Because it's also the bond of Gallra mates."

His mouth opened and closed airy gasps in place of words. "I What?" He repeated.

"The mark ties you two together. If the pair was not compatible the mark would have disappeared. This bond is extraordinary and powerful." She got a far away look in her eyes. "It's quite romantic!"

Still at a loss for words Keith ran his hand over his face. "How? When? What!"

"Perhaps you scratched him during a sparring match. As for when I'm not sure and what's different is that you can not only sense emotions over great distance but pain and other physical stimulation as well." She opened his room and shoved him in. "You'll have to tell him eventually. Good night Keith," with this the door shut and left behind a sputtering Red paladin.

Sorry for this short chapter but hey it's an update! Next one will be longer and a bit more intimate. Keith shares two bonds with Lance and has no idea how to tell him. Lances powers are a by unstable and hard to control. Where ever shall this story take us!! Till next time I'll catch you all on the Trash Train!

Choo~Choo~