Effects(edited)

They didn't waste any time in getting Lance out of that room and off of the ship. The whole fleet had been evacuated due to the constantly dropping temperature meaning it was a safe get away.

"Allura, we got him. Prepare a pod." Keith stared down at his boyfriend. His hair was a mess. And he didn't know how they didn't notice the bright silver pet collar that encircled his neck. His once flawless tan wrists were chapped from the frosty cuffs. The tattered blue trunks were stained an odd shade of purple. He was pale, with blue lips, and black bags that hung under his tightly closed eyes. Little areas of skin were layered with ice. I've That wasn't melting. And His leg. Shit his leg.

It wasn't like Shiros. No it was worse. It was branded. Branded with the symbol of a Galra general. The same mark was carved into the opposite shoulder than keiths own mark. So even if they removed the metal one there was no guarantee it wouldn't scar his back.

Something dripped off keiths face and he watched as his own tears left streaks of brown through the grime. "I'm sorry Lance."

When Red landed both Coran and the Princess gasped. "His leg," She said muffled by her hand resting over her mouth.

Coran did a double take, "the mark."Tearing his eyes away he cleared his throat. "Later, We will discuss this after Lance is in a pod."

"Right. This way."

Hunk rubbed his eyes following the group to the Cryopods. "Allura the room he was in," his voice broke. "It was us, but it wasn't. And the blood, Quiznack! His eyes were yellow. The whole ship was frosted over. People encased," He lost the contents of his stomach again.

"Haggar was using our voices to terrorize him." Pidge explained her arms wrapping around her waist in a defensive comfort.

"His quintessence was almost black," Shiro said. His gray eyes unable to leave the metal leg. The leader couldn't help but feel guilty. Shiro felt like he should have protected him.

"It was floating around his body like an animal circles its prey. Trapping him." Keith muttered eyes never leaving the pod.

"How do you kill a body?" Allura mumbled.

"What?" The teens wheezed sharing a look of horror.

"think of Voltron as a body. How do you kill a body?"

"You take away its heart." Shiro growled.

"The blue lions values family and loyalty above its own being. They knew Lance would get everybody to safety at his own expense." Coran checked the scanners.

"Judging from what you explained; his quintessence is rare and extremely powerful. Haggar must have known this. So it must have been a planned abduction. If we hadn't found him as quickly as we did... well the Lance we know and Love would no longer exist." Allura sighed tears pricking the corners of her wide jewel eyes.

"He'd be dead!" Pidge shrieked a new sob wracking her chest.

"No, poisoned. Lance has the ability to destroy and create. A dangerous combination. He would become a super weapon not even Voltron could defeat. Couple that with the unpredictable element of water-"

"The corruption process was specialized for his character. The voices, the isolation, The leg. They wanted him to feel discarded. Not worthy of anything but death. Once the heart gives up not only could we not form Voltron, but us as a team would fall apart." Coran checked the pod again. 

"Is everything alright?" Keith asked.

"Yes, of course. The pod is just having trouble recognizing Lances new prosthetic. Other than that it seems a lot of what happened was psychological."