Part One: Broken Hearts and Brokenness

Part One of this book was written when I was going through a hard time.
I was losing myself. I felt like I had nothing more to look forward to, I was in a dark place.

And, in this time, I realized that no one really understood what I felt or heard what I needed to say, so I decided to write everything I felt on a piece of paper, on my phone and on anything I could possibly write on...
Not with the intention of writing a book but with the sole intention to get my emotions in check and try to put everything into perspective. And the result was Black Butterfly.

My life hasn't always been easy, I've went through so many lows and so many times of feeling alone and found that isolation helped me (in a weird way). But I've always tried to make the best of everything and in doing that, I wrote this book - which has easily become my pride and joy.

writing "Broken Hearts and Brokenness" was a therapeutic process for me.
Writing this chapter, I learnt how to process my feelings and how to heal from the pain that I endured in every aspect of my day to day. I learnt how to grow and how to mend my broken pieces, and I found myself in all the commotion.

Although these poems are deeply personal, some aren't written entirely about me or about what I went through - they were inspired by friends and family and everything else around me (everything worth writing about).

Part One is kind of sad and blue, but, like life it does get better and it has a happy ending... in the end fulfillment is found and in finding fulfilment happiness will be found.

remember:
we might hurt in the beginning, but in the end something takes over, a greater power that comes along when you decide to grow and become a happier version of you.

Thank you in advance for giving my first project a chance.
Happy reading. Enjoy the journey.😊😘