Chapter 15: Back to Ordon

When Link and Zelda returned to the little cottage to gather anything else and to leave, it was soon after midday and they would have plenty of time to get to Ordon, but that meant plenty of time to visit once they were there. Somewhat jokingly, they began going over the stories they would be telling to the villagers once they arrived.

"We got married a few days ago," Zelda rehearsed.

"And we're coming here to settle down," Link elaborated.

"Where did you go on your honeymoon?" Zelda mimicked Ilia's snobbish voice.

"There's a fishing hole by Zora's Domain. They just built a hotel," Link explained convincingly, "we stayed there and enjoyed fishing and the view."

"She likes to fish?" Zelda said in the same voice.

"Why yes, she does," Link replied somewhat annoyed. Zelda looked at him.

"Sorry," he said in stead of his rudeness, "you sounded like the real deal." Zelda chuckled.

"Well, I think that's everything," Zelda finally said. Link nodded.

"All of the food from the cabinets? Important books? Hyrule Historia, specifically," he listed, Zelda nodding and holding up proof from either bag. Link was pleased, but reluctant to go. He tried to hide it.

"Well, I guess we're ready," Link said with a sigh masked with fake happiness.

~~~

The trip though the field was short, even though he had the two bags that forced him to slow his horse down. In no time, the two were in Faron, and stopped by to see Coro. Link tried to explain to Zelda what Coro was like, but the best description he could give still made him seem like a creep. Zelda decided to stay nice and quiet.

To Link's surprise, Coro wasn't there. His fire had been out for a while and his soup pot didn't have a trace of recent use. Zelda was a bit relieved, but Link was confused. Perhaps he went back to Iza's or Hena's.

They arrived at the bridge, both internally cringing about what they were going to face. The rickety bridge made Zelda nervous, but Link knew its true durability. This bridge had been here since long before Link was born, same for most of Ordon's residents. He actually didn't know the whole story of how it got there, and such construction over a gorge seemed too treacherous for anyone.

Link's thoughts were more geared towards his hometown, what the residents might think of him, and what they might think of Zelda. What did Ilia tell them?

Zelda was worried that everyone would treat her like a queen, when she didn't want to be. She left the castle, and even if it wasn't on the best of terms, she was happy with her decision.

Over the seemingly rickety bridge and past the spring was when the two came upon Link's house, separate from the main village, where everyone else dwelled. Unlike the first time Link had visited, the children were most likely at home, rather than waiting for Link by his house. Link was pretty glad about that, and if Zelda had known the events of last time, she would've been as well.

Link and Zelda both jumped off of Epona and unhooked the bags from her saddle. 

"Should one of us bring the bags in and the other pay everyone else a visit?" Link asked jokingly, already aware that Zelda didn't want to do either. Before she could respond, he grabbed the bag she held and motioned for her to follow him. 

He couldn't climb the ladder with two bags, so he lightly tossed them up and began to climb.

"You know, I could've gone first and you could've handed them up to me," Zelda teased. Link shrugged. He picked the two bags up and entered.