Chapter 12

Nubo's P.O.V

After my slight incident with (Y/N), my face visibly flushed with embarrassment. That prince was a trade partner. Was. There is no way that he will return to our palace in any circumstance. I let my unnecessary feelings get in the way of a possible ally if we ever go to war. My head whipped around, eyes glazing over the crowd to make sure that nobody saw my outburst. Luckily, it seems that the prince has left my establishment.

In the corner of my eye, I spotted (Y/N), alone next to a statue of a seahorse. The depressing sight made me feel, what humans call, sad. At least, I assume that is the feeling I am getting. My instincts told me to go up to her, but my mind screamed for me to go the opposite way. Mind over body, correct?

I made my way towards Secrum, who was chatting up a storm with a princess. Mayleen, I believe her name was. "Nubo! Right on time! Mayleen, Nubo. Nubo, Mayleen." Secrum introduced in a failed attempt at clearly setting up the princess with me.

"Ahh yes, Prince Nubo." She curtsied, "What a pleasure to meet you." Mayleen flashed me a smile.

"The pleasure is all mine." I retorted. "Your father is king Abnele, correct?" I questioned, hoping to strike up a good trade partner.

Her head bobbed up and down, "Of course! He could not attend the party today, I am afraid. He wishes you great health, though."

I see no reason to continue this conversation. Although she may be able to put a good word in to her father, if he does not attend, I cannot discuss any future plans for trading. "Ah, I see... Please, do give him my blessing." She giggled, giving me a small thumbs up, "If I may be excused, I do have many more party guests to greet." I lied, waving my hand.

"Yes yes, go on." She insisted.

I swam off, but, to my dismay, Secrum followed suit. "Dude, you seriously could've finally gotten a queen!" Whined the redhead. I rolled my eyes and continued swimming, only to find myself ending up a few feet away from (Y/N). Secrum noticed and let a sly smile appear on his face. "Tsk tsk. If you're gonna fall in love with the human, at least make her fall in love back."

My face turned red, the tips of my ears became a light pink. "Shut up." I muttered, turning around and swimming towards the food table.

Secrum's hands gripped my shoulders, "Hey, I'm not judging you and your interest in the girl. But, humans are very complex creatures." He began a rant, "My friend met a human girl once, right? And he told me that they are super dramatic and will never admit when they're wrong. He also said that they are super affectionate but also love their space and they..." Blah blah blah.

"I don't like that damn human!" I Growled, earning the attention of a few mermaids. I glared at them and continued stuffing my face with fish. "She is a repulsive creature. The only reason I took her is as a symbol to her kind that I am not a being to be messed with." I knew that i sounded like a hyper child given too much sugar.

"By taking her into a luxurious castle? Taking her out shopping and letting her attend a ball? The only downside for her is that she's been taken away from all the people that she loves. Oh, and the cage." Secrum explained, matter-of-factly.

Do the people that she loves really miss her? Down here, power is above all else. There is no time for such a thing like 'love'. I shook my head. What if there is a man out there that loves her. Loves her like a husband would a wife, a king would his queen. A bitter chuckle escaped my lips, "Would you like me to kill her, then?" I offered.

Secrum's bangs thoughtfully covered his eyes, "No, I'm saying to have a talk with her. You know, my friend, the one with that human girlfriend, told me that communication is key. That's how he resolved arguments with her." I nodded, almost believing his words.

"If I talk to her, will you shut up about me being in love with her?" I asked, hoping he would say yes.

"Of course, my dear brother~" A maniacal smirk played on Secrum's lips, soon vanishing as a king swam up to us, initiating a long deserved conversation about uniting our kingdoms.

While he spoke, I stole glances at the human in the corner, ignoring all of the commotion and excited guests around her. My eyes ripped away from her, finally glued onto the conversation that I so badly want to escape from.

***
Woahh two chapters in two days?? Is this a miracle?

No this is me being too lazy to get out of bed. Lol.
QOTD: What do you think will happen next chapter?