Chapter 21

Nubo's P.O.V

The ocean felt peaceful for the first time in a millennia. Had it not been for the long, tiring journey I was about to go up against, I would likely be swimming with (Y/N). But, I have to get rid of three major obstacles; Secrum, Merlin, and the blue tail swishing around the light currents.

~time skip~

Day turned to night as I creeped towards the enchanting ruins. A sunken ship loomed over the uninhabited area, bones of rotting fish and lowly sailors littered the outskirts, taunting the few living organisms that dared to travel nearby. My fingers gripped tightly to a chest filled to the brim with gold, currency known to be immensely valuable to the humans. I fit myself through an opened window attached to the ship, my eyes darting from left to right, cautious of the familiar surroundings.

"Prince!" A voice echoed from far off the left end of the ship. "What a pleasure!" The voice continued, this time at the opposite side. "What brings you to my humble abode?" And with that, the sea witch bowed in front of the prince.

Her sickly green hair and maroon eyes flared with mischief. Where a green tail should have been, was a sad excuse of a prosthetic. The metallic item rusted at the sides, screeching with every movement she made. Her looks disgust me, oh how I wish I could see my beloved (Y/N)...

"I am here for business inquiries." I held out the chest, unlocking it, and presenting the old hag her greedy necessities.

"My my..." she mumbled, biting her overgrown nails nervously, her head twitched every few seconds or so, making her seem almost as pathetic as the tail she must've been so proud of. "And what do you want in return for your little offer?"

A smirk played at my lips, "I was told you could turn my tail to real human legs. Is it true?" Of course it was, she had done it before, how could she not do it again?

"Ahh I see... I'll be happy to! With this offer," She clutched onto the chest, snatching it away from my fingers, "How could I possibly say no? But you do realize that there is a catch- as always." I nodded, understanding her terms while-heartedly.

"Anything."

"Return to me the heart of the one you hate the most. You have a week, and the legs will be yours." She carried the box away.

My mind pondered. Who do I truly hate? The only thought was (Y/N) showing her beautiful smile to the talking fish, Merlin. I had already planned his demise, this surely will be much easier than I had expected.

Dear (Y/N), our solidarity will come soon~