Chapter 20

Nubo's P.O.V

I entered the room, light breathing being the only thing audible to my ears. My eyes glazed over the cage, piercing through the bars, stopping once I could finally see the calmed body of (Y/N). She laid there, in the cold medal, shivering. I looked at her, and then at the bed. I sighed and quietly opened the cage. My arms swooped around her fragile body, embracing her tightly so that she wouldn't float away. I scanned her tired face, eyes closed with long lashes, almost as soft as feathers, (s/c) skin adorned with rosy cheeks, (h/c) hair flowing in the water, shaping her already perfect face even more.

A small smile graced her lips as she cuddled closer to my chest. My breath caught in my throat. Stop making me feel this way! What is happening to me?! I knew very well the feeling that was wrapping me in a hug of secret happiness. I was, at the least, interested in this human. The way she made me feel- it's like a drug. Although I know how bad it is for me, I simply wanted more and more.

Sitting down, I held her closer, repeating to myself a second longer each time I felt that I should let go. I began to hold her tight, too tight. Her body began squirming in my embrace, her eyes popping open, revealing the gorgeous orbs that I felt so happy to see. Her mouth hung agape, pleading for me to let go. The fear in her eyes entranced me. I felt a rush of adrenaline. Eventually I let go, leaving her to be left in a state of confusion.

Just a second of not touching her, and I could already miss her warmth, just a second of not seeing her fear, and I already wanted to scare her as much as possible. Oh, she's mine. She will always be mine.

Time skip

(Y/N) and a servant, Merlin I believe his name was, have been close today. I have been quietly watching her eat with him, laugh with him, touching him. I trembled, How dare he make (Y/N) this happy!

I felt a hand on my shoulder. Secrum held his signature smirk. "I see that you've finally accepted your feelings for the human?" He observed.

"What makes you think that?!" I snapped back.

"I saw you holding (Y/N)  last night. That look in your eyes," Don't say it, please don't say it, "It looked exactly like when you would look at her." If looks could kill, Secrum would have been six feet under by then.

"Tch, Whatever." I swam off, heading towards the duo.

Both of them stop their chattering, Merlin bowing as always, "Your majesty." I peek at (Y/N) before averting my attention from her to the merman.

"I would like to have a chat with you tonight about your duties tomorrow."

He seemed confused, but nodded none the less.

"Now get out of my sight." He Bowes and swims off quickly, leaving (Y/N) alone with me. "And you-" I point at her. Her knuckles clench, beginning to turn white, awaiting some sort of slur or punishment. "Be careful cleaning, I don't want you damaging that beautiful skin of yours."

A bold move- yes. But, what more could you expect from the most powerful creature in the ocean. I am a prince, and soon to be king. I can and will have everything that I want, and if (Y/N) is apart of those things, so be it.

Another short chapter I'm sorry    :( ugh I rlly hope I motivate myself more. It's high key three in the morning so I apologize if there are misspellings and grammatical errors ^^