Chapter 15

Your P.O.V

Secrum left the room, closing the door behind him. I stared at Nubo. My eyes softened, but soon turned into a strong glare. His position shifted so that he was now at level with the cage. Silence enveloped the small space. The swishing of the water being the only sound entering my ears. I took it in, closing my eyes and letting a small smile replace my unsatisfied frown. I missed this kind of silence.

The silence that I could have by just shutting the door of my room. By just telling the caring people around me that I needed to be alone. Or that they were too loud. By just entering my classroom and being greeted with the silence of the hardworking children.

All of that seemed like a distant memory. Something that was there, but would no longer be. I do not have the luxury of having such silence when I please. Silence, something taken for granted by every living creature on this planet, is now something that I must pray for. And yet, that silence is in this room right now.

Nubo was the first to break the silence, "Go on. Talk to me." He insisted, scooting closer to the cage. Sarcasm radiated off his form.

"What is there to even talk about?" I muttered, being sure to keep my eyes locked onto his. His silence was enough for me to know that I should continue. "Fine. How's the weather? It's kind of wet but I don't know. Maybe the currents will clear up soon." I shrugged. He let out a forced laugh.

He gave me a challenging look, "You are quite troublesome."

"Then kill me." I said, almost reluctantly.

His laughing stopped. The challenging expression contorted into one of seriousness. He seemed to think carefully of his next words. I would not blame him. Whatever he says next can either make or break him.

"Oh darling, if I wanted to, I would have done it long ago." That statement was enough to send shivers down my spine. I am not even sure if it was the statement itself that caused it. Or if it was the way he said it. How such venom could be laced in it, how it was so degrading, yet somehow uplifting.

He doesn't want to kill me. That was all I needed to know. I have a chance, although very slim, to get out of here.

But, escaping won't do me any good. He is too smart. He will almost completely see through my moves. This situation, could be compared to a game of chess. I have to take down as many of his pieces as I can, and hopefully win.

"Can I ask you a few questions?" I ask, clearing my throat. He nods, pulling his attention to my lips, and awaiting for the words to spill, "I helped you. So, why hurt me like... This?" My hands motioned around the cage and ending at him.

He pondered for a moment, "Well. I cannot risk being caught by those scientists." He said plainly.

"But-" He shushed me.

"No no no. You ask, then I ask." I muttered a few cursings as I allowed him to go. "Good girl~ Now then," He clapped his hands, "How did you end up underwater in the first place?"

That question definitely took me off guard. He is asking questions that will hit close to home. He's clever for a fish. But two can play at this game. 

"I was on a boat trip with some companions. I was in the water when a shark came and grabbed me. Simple as that." I changed the plot purposefully. The less he knows, the better. He opened his mouth to speak, but I stopped him, "Anyways, where are your parents?"

I did good with my question. It took him off guard. "He was killed by a swordsman from a different kingdom." He is very bad at lying, because considering how he reacted when I asked him, it seems like more of a touchy subject. And his words slid off his tongue so easily, so dryly. I guess we are both lying about our past.

"If I were to let you go, right here and right now. What would you do?"

Could he be trying to get information?

"I would stay. You are too cruel to let me go. I am no idiot." I played it safe. He won't get anything he wants from me, that's for sure.

"Ahh... Such a smart one you are~" His ginger booped my nose as he let out a sigh.

"Why are you so bipolar?" I questioned, without really thinking.

"Huh? Whatever do you mean?" He cocked his head to the side.

"When I first met you, you were sweet. Then all princely and proper. At the party you turned all psycho maniac... And... Now you're all 'darling~ sweetheart~' towards me." I put my hands up and acted out the last bit, attempting to put emphasis on it.

He let out another chuckle. I'm on a roll with making him laugh. "You are quite correct, I suppose. Hmm... I guess humans have a different effect on me based on the person..." He looked up, giving a softened look at the ceiling, "Yet, I can't figure you out at all..." His hand covered his eyes.

What is that suppose to mean...

***
WOW I UPDATED!!! I'm so happy. Buhhh I created a drawing book on here! If you guys can, could u check it out. Maybe idk only if ya want😊
But omg I need YouTube Red to watch BTS. Why must I be poor :*