003

-✾CHAPTER THREE | A rebuttal showdown.

[Name] blinks with her mouth forming a perfectly circular 'O' while Chibita has horror painted all over his face as they read the letter word per word again

《Dear student [Last Name] [Name],

The student council has noticed your few activities at Osaka's Private Academy since your arrival. You have great talent for gambling and we would wish to see more of it. That is why, I humbly invite you to a game of gambling on [Insert today's date] in the cultural revision club. You are free to show up whenever you see suited.

Homura, former president of the cultural revision club》

A gambling request... F-From a student council member? How?!

[Name] folds the letter and puts it back in the enveloppe with a wide smile. She claps her hands and jumps on her spot excitedly. "Ooh, how exciting! A game with a student council member!"

Of course she'd be excited... Chibita deadpans. Any normal student would be trembling in fear, but noo... she's overly excited about it.

I guess that's what it is to be a compuslive gambler, huh.

"You're... really going to accept?" Chibita mutters, scratching the back of his nape.

"Huh?" [Name] tilts her head aside. "But of course!"

"Of course..." Chibita sighs and facepalms.

"Hmm... I think I'd rather go during lunchtime, maybe after school...?" She mumbles to herself, then turns to Chibita for advice. "What do you think is best, Chibita?"

Chibita crosses his arms. "I think the best thing you could do is ignore that letter and not-" 

Chibita suddenly blinks in realisation and cuts himself off.

Wait a minute.

If a student council member invites a student to a game, the students aren't allowed to refuse, are they? Or did that rule only apply to official matches?

"Hm?" [Name] cocks her head in worry. "Is there something wrong?"

... Better not risk it.

He groans in displeasure and frowns. "... Let's go after school. "

"Huuh? You'll come with me?" [Name] blinks. "Sweet~."

I can't believe I agreed... Chibita drops his shoulders.

Both students advance through the hallways of the academy and head to their classroom. They walk in calmly in their classroom.

As Chibita walks in, he's almost walked over by the hurdle of classmates that come his way.