008

-✾CHAPTER EIGHT | Foreshadowed betrayal.

When he arrived this morning, he couldn't spot Hana anywhere at school

When he arrived this morning, he couldn't spot Hana anywhere at school. How sad, he wanted to at least wish her a good morning today.

They were going out, after all. At least, that's what he understood from her confession. They are going out, right? Right.

However, he didn't expect to see her wait for him after lessons.

And yet, there she is, standing at his classroom's doorway with a book in her hands and leaning against the doorframe.

A smile appears on his face at the sight of Hana and he hurries to gather his stuff and throw it all in his bag. He almost runs like a dog to Hana, who giggles at him.

"Hey, Hana." He greets.

"Hey, there." She smiles with her eyes closed. "Wanna lunch with me?"

"Sure." He nods without a second thought and follows her down the corridors, completely forgetting about [Name]. "Where were you this morning? I was searching for you."

"Y-You were?" She blushes. "I'm sorry. I... arrived a little late to school."

"Did something happen?" Chibita asks worriedly. 

"No, nothing like that. I just got up too late." She laughs and smiles sheepishly. 

"I see. Well, I can get that." He crosses his arms over his chest and nods his head in agreement. 

As he says that, he closes his eyes and follows Hana down the stairs to the dining hall. But he soon snaps his eyes wide open and retrieves his previous steps. There on the wall hangs a A3 sized poster of the popular idol Nyaa-chan, the date and name of her next show written in bold letters on it.

But that isn't what catches the male's attention. What surprises him so much is the presence of a certain other person in the very corner of that poster.

What? What the hell is she doing on that poster-

And when he read the tiny letters written underneath her picture, he snaps.

"Huh?! Are you freaking kidding me?!"

"That's right, teehee~!" Out of nowhere, she appears behind the recently formed couple, surprising the hell out of both. "I'm very lucky, now aren't I? Everyone wants to gamble with little old me~!"

"Wha- You knew?!" Chibita panics.

"Of course I knew. That's what that letter was about." [Name] waves mentioned piece of paper under his nose. "Idjit."

"Who're you calling an idjit?!"

"Whoa, calm down. You wouldn't want to scare your girlfriend, right?" She holds her hands up in surrender.