012

-✾ CHAPTER TWELVE | The guillotine of fate.

*possible trigger warning

"I'm considering disbanding the student council

"I'm considering disbanding the student council."

The office falls quiet. Horror paints over all the members' faces and some shoot up from their seats in panic.

"Wha?!"

"President?!"

"President, w-what are you saying?!"

The president suddenly bursts out laughing and hits the table in his laughing fit.

"Goodness, you should see your faces right now!" He laughs mockingly and points at each one of them. "Hilarious~!"

The council is silent. They all look at him confused, then Hashimoto, Todomatsu and Karamatsu frown in dissapointment. 

"Worry not, I'm not saying right now." Osomatsu wipes an inexistant tear when his laughter slowly dies off. "What I'm saying is..."

Osomatsu holds out a hand.

"I'll resign my position as the president and hold an election for my seat."

The members all share a look and stare back at Osomatsu. 

Karamatsu whistles.

"Interesting..." Todomatsu smiles sweetly.

Homura sweats nervously.

Hashimoto frowns at him suspiciously. 

Ichimatsu's eyes widen for a brief second.

Jyushimatsu's smile trembles before slowly widening.

"All normal students of Osaka's Private Academy have the right to vote and are also potential candidates to my seat." Osomatsu speaks serenely and drops a hand on his chest. "Of course, you're all qualified to run for my seat."

"A presidential election...?"

Homura grinds her teeth. Unable to bear the stressful silence, she abruptly gets off her seat and unwillingly slams her hands on the table, catching everyone's instant attention.

"Have you lost your mind?!"

Osomatsu's smile instantly wipes off his face. He narrows his eyes upon her. 

"Holding an election after those string of defeat is too much of a risk with people like [Last Name] walking around the academy!" Homura exclaims, sweat rolling down her forehead. "It would be throwing all our efforts down the drain! It's the height of foolishness, President!"

Osomatsu suddenly chuckles, confusing the braided female.

"You mouthing at me?" He laughs. "How funny."