004

-✾CHAPTER FOUR | A gifted 'loser cat'.

It's a nice morning today, or so Chibita thinks

It's a nice morning today, or so Chibita thinks. His set of mind quickly switches once he sets foot in his classroom and catches hearing of the whispered gossips of his classmates.

"Did you hear about [Last Name] [Name]?"

"The transfer student? What about it?"

"I heard she gambled with Homura and lost a heap."

"A heap? Like a million or five?"

"No, no. 80 million."

"80 million?! Then, without a doubt..."

"Uh-huh. She's definitely a pet now."

"But didn't she say during Totoko's battle that 'money was no issue for her'?"

"Still. One doesn't throw 80 million yen like it's some trash."

"Hmm... True."

The door flies open, revealing an ever so cheerful [Name].

"Good morning, everyone." She greets the whole class. She's ignored, she ignores their ignorance and heads to her desk-

Which seems to have received the same treatment as Totoko's a day prior. 

[Name] runs the tip of her fingers over the paint and scratches all over her desk and picks up the wooden doll with two fingers. She makes it twirl in her fingers to take a good look at it.

Whoever made this should review its proportions.

"[Last Name]." Chibita joins her to her desk and drops a hand on her shoulder. 

"Ah, good morning, Chibita." She smiles at him and drops the doll on her desk again. She lifts up the tag that's around her neck, almost shoving it in his face. She looks like a child that can hardly keep its excitement bottled up. "Look, I'm a pet!"

Why's she happy about it?!

"Oh, wait. Here, girls!" [Name] breezes past Chibita and joins the trio of girls standing at the doorway.

"Ah, [Last Name]-san."

"I wanted to apologize for not joining you to the café yesterday-"

"Pfft, who cares?! What are ya even saying?! Us, beg to go somewhere with a fucking loser cat?!"

"Whoever are you to talk to us?! Know your frigging place, ya loser cat!"

"Don't even approach me! The 'loser cat' disease will spread otherwise!"

The three girls laugh maniacally right in [Name's] face, who somehow manages to stay as calm as a breeze in spring. Chibita seems even angrier than she is.

From the corner of her eyes, Totoko admires the scene play out with a content smirk plastered across her face. "Hmph." 

Finally, Hashimoto silently watches from her own seat so she can report the situation to the stuco later on.